Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Purchased new iPhone to replace original iPhone

Options

I feel like an idiot asking this, but would appreciate some basic advice. We purchased new iPhones (14) and had our data transferred. Do we need to delete our original iPhone devices in the account and add the new phones? Please provide a step-by-step process if this is necessary and feel free to be as "basic" in your advice as you can. Thank you very much. Barbara

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mom2Mike ,

I believe that the third answer in this link might be of assistance:

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post back and ask. Good luck, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Mom2Mike
    Options

Good morning, Phil!

I removed my old iPhone from the device list and, after that, I installed Bitdefender on my new one. However, the new phone does not appear in my devices. It's been over 24 hours - how soon should I expect to see it there?

Barbara

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mom2Mike ,

Did you download the Mobile Security from your Bitdefender Central account? I am not an expert on how long devices take to appear, but I am guessing they should be fairly quickly, unless you downloaded from elsewhere than your Central account.

I will ping @Alexandru_BD , the Forum Administrator, to check your Central account. We volunteers have no access to user accounts, as it should be!

He should be back to work tomorrow and drop in to update you.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

First, I should point out that I have limited access to view account information, however, I can provide you with the basic steps to reinstall protection on your new mobile devices, in the event you upgraded to another model. The rule of thumb here is that you will not lose your Bitdefender subscription/license once you remove the product from the devices that are no longer in use (in the event it is still valid), because the license is running in your Central account regardless if the product is still present or not on the actual devices.

So, the first step after setting up your new iPhone(s) would be to access your Central account and remove the previous devices from there, to free up the slots and make room for the new ones. You can find the complete steps here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/

Once the previous devices have been removed, simply follow these steps to start from scratch and install Bitdefender on iOS, so that you can protect the new iPhones:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2740/

If Bitdefender Mobile Security was already installed on one or more iOS new devices, however the validity is not yet reflected in the product, or in Central for that matter, you should do the following:

Bring up the Bitdefender app on the phone, tap on More → My Account and make sure the app is synchronized with the Central account where the subscription/license is running. Tap on Logout if you see a different email address there, and login once again using the email address associated with the Central account where you have previously activated your Premium Security license in this case. Also, make sure that you are signed into the correct account in Central. To check this, look in the upper right hand corner of the Central account page and click on your profile picture, then select My account, and log out if you see a different address than the one you have associated with your license, then log back in.

That's pretty much it, let us know how it goes and if you could successfully install Bitdefender on your mobile devices.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Mom2Mike
    Options

Dear Alex,

I downloaded and then installed Bitdefender from the App Store on my new iPhone. As per your instruction, I checked My Account and it is synced with the Central account (same email). The new iPhone is still now showing up in the Device list. Should I delete the app from my new phone and start over? This is really frustrating as I want to do the same thing for my husband's new iPhone, but am reluctant to do so at this point.

Barbara

• Mom2Mike
    Options

Forgot to add that My Account also shows that I have BD Free with 3 devices - should I delete that account? Would it make a difference?

Barbara

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Mom2Mike,

If your account shows that you have the free version, then most likely this means you are not logged into the correct account. Are you using the web version of Central, or the app? You can also download the Central app on your iPhone, if it's more convenient this way, then login and send the install link to the other iPhone where you wish to install protection:

That's it. But it's very important to check if the license was successfully activated in Central and ensure you are logged into the Central account where you have activated the license.

The new iPhone is still now (i believe here it is "not" instead of "now") showing up in the Device list. Should I delete the app from my new phone and start over? - is it on this iPhone that you see the free license? Please go to Central and tell me what licenses you find under the "My subscriptons" tab and how many devices are displayed as protected by those licenses, or how many slots are available there.

Regards,

Alex

• Mom2Mike
    Options

Dear Phil and Alex,

Thank you both so much for your quick and courteous replies. I'm sorry that I didn't respond as soon as I would have liked (life happens while you're making other plans, you know). I believe that this issue has resolved. The first problem was that one of the devices was misidentified (my new iPhone was being identified as my husband's phone). I renamed it correctly and, then, added my husband's new iPhone to the subscription. Again, it is such a comforting thought to know that BitDefender values its subscribers and provides a way for those of us who aren't that tech-savvy to ask for help from people who understand and don't make us feel like "******."

Barbara

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Mom2Mike,

You are most welcome, thank you for your kind reply. We're glad to hear the situation was solved.

Enjoy your Bitdefender and have a wonderful time ahead! 🙂