Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Add Linux Support to the Home User Product

Options

Title pretty much says it all. Support the major Linux Distributions in your Home User product. Give us at least some basic AV and Malware/Root Kit protection such that we can see our Linux machines in the dashboard.

1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

This suggestion has been offered before: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/98362/please-issue-bitdefender-for-linux-home-users The topic has been discussed on several occasions on the forum and it has been concluded that Linux support is not yet available in the home user portfilio. There are no foreseeable plans of development in this regard.

Comments

• tech101us
    Options

But isn't the whole point of people such as myself posting here asking for BitDefender to bring back support for Linux to drum up support for the BitDefender Dev's to put it back on the roadmap? Instead of just stating "there are no foreseeable plans of development in this regard…", why not revisit this with the Dev's for a discussion as to the reasonableness of adding support for Linux. I cannot be the only BitDefender customer on the fence about renewing because of lack of support for our Operating System of choice.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

I got in touch with the Bitdefender support, who further got in touch with Bitdefender developers, and below is what they currently think about Linux antimalware for home users.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• tech101us
    Options

That's unfortunate. Means I am now in search of another security suite that not only protects my Windows Machines and mobile devices (Android\IOS), but also my Linux workstations. The search continues, and if I find something suitable, I'll spend my money there as opposed to BitDefender

• MK112
    Options

I’ve been using Bitdefender products for many years now and have referred many people to Bitdefender. For this reason, I request Bitdefender to reconsider their position on this request to bring back Linux support for home users.

Home Linux users haven’t had much of the share in the past and probably won’t for the foreseeable future however in another year there will be hundreds of thousands of systems no longer supported with Windows 10 and are not eligible/supported to be upgrade to Windows 11 (yes this can be bypassed but not supported). These systems are still powerful and good which will more than likely create a secondary market with Linux based OS being installed on them and looking for decent protection.

Establishing a protection offering and foothold early in 2025 could be a strategic opportunity for Bitdefender. Also, may help sway more people to move to a Linux OS. This could guide in the decision process of which Linux disto for users as they spec out what protections are available for the different distros.

Case in point, I just installed Mint for a person who didn’t want to buy a new computer as his current one was just fine. Now I'm in the process of finding a good protection software for him hence coming across this thread. Also, this Windows 10 systems I’m on now will be converted to Linux next year as it missed the CPU support cut for Windows 11 by one rev. I know next year I’ll be converting over numerous systems from Windows to Linux and most of those currently have Bitdefender on them.

With Bitdefender already having the code base from the enterprise offering, I would hope it wouldn’t be a monumental feat to port over a home offering.

Hopefully, Bitdefender listens to this customer base and reinvests in an offering for the home Linux users with the wake of Windows 10 end of support coming next year.

• tech101us
    tech101us Mr.
    edited April 15
    Options

@MK112 Thanks for chiming in here. I'm coming up on renewal of the subscription for my home user account at 10 devices. With at least 40% of the devices I use being desktop Linux PC's, I really am on the lookout for a solution that gives me some protection there. I hope Bitdefender sees this for what it is…an opportunity to keep loyal customers and add some new business.

• Flexx
    Options

The Linux product is only available for business/enterprise users. There have been many topics raised via forums and support tickets, but at the moment, Bitdefender will not be providing any Linux product for home users. If a user wants to use Bitdefender on the Linux OS, they will have to switch to the business/enterprise product.

Regards

• I'm here to also voice my support for bringing back Linux support for home users. Recently switched from Windows to Linux as my daily driver, in addition to switching over my media PC. Really positive experience so far.

I have many other Windows devices protected by the family pack and will probably always have a few about, but I think this is just the start of my family and households conversion.

• Flexx
    Options

The answer is straightforward. According to Bitdefender developers, a Linux product for home users will currently not be developed, which is strange. However, it is entirely up to developers to decide what they think is best.

Regards