Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is BitDefender active in Windows safe mode?

Options

I have a laptop that has terrible battery life (advertised as 10+ hours, I usually get 4-5 hours) and I've been working with the manufacturer to resolve the issue. I've done lots of different tests, sent various logs, etc. with no real progress. I was recently asked to start Windows in safe mode to test battery life with minimal drivers, etc. loaded. It was still pretty terrible.

One of the support agents today implied that BD may be the problem because it has many background processes that can strongly impact battery life. I'm a little skeptical because in safe mode, many things simply didn't work because they were blocked from loading. I couldn't open any settings interfaces, run HWiNFO64, etc. and it would surprise me if BD didn't load.

My question: Does BitDefender run when Windows is in safe mode? If the answer is no, then I know that my previous safe mode test eliminates BD as a potential culprit.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@greybits ,

Bitdefender does not load automatically in Safe Mode. It can be manually launched to do a scan in Safe Mode.

I always switch to Safe Mode when doing a System Restore Point rollback to prevent Bitdefender and other programs from interfering.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Answers

• greybits
    Options

@garioch7 ,

Thank you! That is just the information I was looking for and the response was fast! I couldn't have asked for more!

Best regards

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@greybits ,

Thank you for posting back. You are most welcome. Don't hesitate to post in these Forums if you run into future issues. We are all here to help.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor