Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

False Positives on an installed program

Options

I recently purchased a new application from a vendor and the installation failed due to a false positive reported by BitDefender Antivirus. I can't recall the precise message, but the program affected was "AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS_FS\AddonFolder\AS_FSConnectorInstall.exe". There were numerous reports of this by other users.

Accordingly I added the path to the Antivirus exceptions list. I then contacted the vendor to request that they seek to get the program added to BD whitelist.

Their precise response was a follows:

"Hi, while we make attempts to contact and notify of any false-positives with AV providers such as Bitdefender, in many cases they don't accept other developer feedback and the feedback/complaints of false-positive must come from actual AV users/customers.  So, we request that you please make a report/complaint about this false positive with Bitdefender as well, so that it will not have to be "excluded" in the future."

Is it correct that you only accept from AV customers? In which case may I request that you investigate and add to your whitelisted products list?

Best Answer

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@redsamurai ,

You can report a False Positive to Bitdefender using the link below:

If it is indeed determined to be a False Positive, the detection will be removed within 72 hours via automatic updates.

I can't comment on what the software vendor told you other than to say that my information differs based on my experience using custom, specialized malware removal tools over the years. Many AV products detect these apps because they are so powerful and not "mainstream" apps. The developers of those tools contact the AV company themselves to have them removed as False Positives.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Answers

• Many thanks Phil.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@redsamurai ,

You are most welcome. It was very kind of you to acknowledge my post. 👍

Thank you, and have a great day.