• yozyurek
    yozyurek Mr.
    edited May 16

Best installation fail Windows 11 24H2 unsupported or not compatible

is there any update or any solution ?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH mod

Hello.
    Since you need help with business product, @Andrei_S Enterprise (who provides support for business products) could take a look here and help you with the issue.
    Also, you can always contact the Bitdefender business support:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/71263-85158-contact.html
    Regards.

• Andrei_S Enterprise
    Andrei_S Enterprise Business Support Manager BD Staff

Hello @yozyurek ,

Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools is not compatible with Windows Insider versions, in this case Windows 11 24H2. Insider versions are not stable releases and can still have vulnerabilities and bugs that would impact our product so please use one of the official versions for Windows as listed on:

https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77209-376327-endpoint-protection.html

Kind Regards,

Andrei

• We're now seeing a number of devices in the wild coming pre-installed with 24H2 (Asus, Lenovo, HP, Microsoft Surface) - I'm hoping there's a solution soon for this, as leaving client devices unprotected is somewhat concerning

• Yep, same issue here. Cannot find a version of BDES that works with Windows 11 24H2, which is no longer an Insider OS version and was released to the general public on 6/18/2024.

Really hoping BitDefender updates this ASAP. We cannot have unprotected devices either.

• Andrei_S Enterprise

Hello @DaveRobinson , @Blake Stewart ,

Regarding the Windows 11 24H2 there are 2 things to consider:

What intrigues me is the fact that you mentioned that new devices are coming with 24H2 pre-installed.

Can you both open a case with Enterprise Support and collect a Support Tool log when the compatibility issue occurs? Once you do that you can share the case with me so I can reach out internally to our Engineering team and maybe we can find a workaround in this case.

https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/71263-102885-use-the-support-tool-log.html

However, please share the Support Tool Log with us so we can try to see if there is a possible workaround for you.

Kind Regards,

Andrei

• rkhands
    rkhands Business Owner

This is no longer an insider or preview release. It has been released to the WSUS catalog. This needs a fix, quickly

• Agreed. This is now considered a stable release and is available on new systems. Team, is there any update or timeline on this?

• Jay.Walls
    Jay.Walls System Admin

Any update on this?

• Andrei_S Enterprise

Hello,

We have a workaround in place at the moment, please reach out to our Enterprise Support team and they will be able to help you with the steps.

Regarding the general availability package I have reached our internally for update on this. As soon as I have them, I will update you as well.

Kind Regards,

Andrei

• Scott B
    Scott B IT Manager

For those looking for the deets, here was the official response from Bitdefender Enterprise Support:

Please note that version 24H2 of Windows 11 is not currently supported by the Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools, as it has not been officially released by Microsoft and we cannot guarantee the functionality of our security solution.

However, it is possible to force the installation but the UI will display a permanent red issue about the OS not being supported.The following parameter can be used as a temporary workaround: /allowExperimentalOSSupport

Furthermore, the full command that should be used in this scenario is as follows:
    epskit_x64.exe /bdparams /allowExperimentalOSSupport

In the case of the ARM CoPilot PCs that are shipping with 24H2 and therefore marking 24H2 as an official release, you can download the ARM version and run the epskit_arm64.exe version with the above flag successfully.

• Andrei_S Enterprise

Hello @Scott B ,

Currently the 24H2 Windows 11 support is released for BEST version 7.0.14.427 on Fast Ring starting with July 24th. As soon as the version passes all internal checks it will also be release on the Slow Ring as well.

Release notes are available here: https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77209-77540-windows-agent.html#UUID-bcab309b-f9ba-a468-ac4a-8d47e732b76f

As you probably know, the BEST agent kit is only available to be downloaded from the Slow Ring but you can download the installation, force the install from Slow Ring and than switch to Fast Ring so in this way you should not longer received the error message about compatibility.

Kind Regards,

Andrei

• Jay.Walls
    Jay.Walls System Admin

This worked for me. Thanks.