Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2011 - Firewall Keeps Disabling After Reboot

Options

Out of the blue my total security started acting up. Not sure if it had any relation to my video card being reset, but after the first reboot i was prompted to "scan my computer for the first time" and "to setup my firewall" Even though i scan i a normal basis and my firewall is always up.

Now, every time i restart my computer the same two messages keep prompting... Its as if bitdefender keeps reinstalling/resetting itself or something along those lines...

Any ideas?

Comments

• What do you mean by "video card being reset?" Are you talking about updating the video driver or something else like installing a new video card?

What video card do you have?

What OS are you running - XP, Vista, Win7 & what architecture - 32-bit or 64-bit?

Awaiting your reply,

• What do you mean by "video card being reset?" Are you talking about updating the video driver or something else like installing a new video card?

What video card do you have?

What OS are you running - XP, Vista, Win7 & what architecture - 32-bit or 64-bit?

Awaiting your reply,

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Overclocked Intel Core i7 930 QC (3.36GHz, 8MB Cache)

6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3

1.5TB - SATA, 3Gb/s, 7,200 RPM, 32MB Cache HDD

ATI Radeon HD 5870, 1GB GDDR5

Yeah, i was updating the driver and ran into some problems regarding an OC/driver. My secondary monitor would start shaking (graphics) and eventually i eneded up with a black screen problem, forcing me to reboot. Needless to say, i eventually got it working by uninstalling (add or remove/driver sweeper) the driver and reinstalling the latest.

Afterwords i noticed my BD was scanning, which led me to this problem. Thing is, this happened in the past... All i did was reinstall BD and it started working again. Dont know if i feel comfortable reinstalling again, scanning for hours, and resetting it all over again... just to find out it could happen again.

• Thanks for providing the additional information about your system. :)

The OC/driver could be an issue but it will take one of the BD tech support folks to determine that. I'm sure one of them will see your post soon and respond.

Thanks again,

• Please jrowinski , disable momentany the module U.A.C , thanks

• Disable the UAC? It has been like this since i bought the system.

post-38035-1292178986_thumb.png

• I tried reinstalling BD, problem still persists...

Question is, why is windows resetting the firewall....

• Hello,

From what I understand, the Firewall settings keep resetting to the default ones at each PC restart ? If this is the case please provide me with the following information:

- what network adapter are you using;

- what type of network adapter (wireless / ethernet);

- the version of the installed driver;

Also follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.