Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[duplicate] Administrative Right Disabled

Options

I am New to this forum.I have installed Bitdefender Total Security 2011 Trail .

Now i have lost all my previous administrative rights like viewing control panel or even going to add/remove programs.I cant find the option where i can disable this.

When i switch on my computer in normal mode only one account opens....but when i switch on my computer in safe mode i see two accounr (Administrator and mine own).Please advice me what to do.

Comments

• I dont know why but i cant edit what i wrote.Dont read whats above , read whats below

I am New to this forum.I have installed Bitdefender Total Security 2011 Trail .

Now i have lost all my previous administrative rights like viewing control panel or even going to add/remove programs.I cant find the option where i can disable this.

When i switch on my computer in normal mode only one account opens....but when i switch on my computer in safe mode i see two account (Administrator and mine own).

Bitdefender Total Security 2010 had no such issues when i installed it.

Please advice me what to do. Would appreciate any help

Suppose i right click on my computer and press properties it comes in a message box saying "Windows cannot access the specified device , path or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them."

PS : I have Windows XP Service pack 3

• Hi,

Try to login to the "Administrator" account in Windows Safe Mode then go to Control Panel. There go to Users and check the rights on the other Windows username. If you have limited rights try changing it back having Administrator rights then relog back into Windows and see if the issue is resolved.

• alexcrist
    Options

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=22959

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Duplicate topic ==

This discussion has been closed.