Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Internet Connection Broken After Removing Bitdefender 2011

Options
david winter
david winter ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Old topics

Hi,

I'd like to know what can have happened to my PC. I'm running XP SP3.

I just removed Eset (which worked perfectly) and put BitDefender 2011 which had better test reports.

BitDefender 2011 just slowed down my machine too much for being kept, so I uninstalled it.

I then reinstalled Eset (which I downloaded BEFORE removing BitDefender).

The problem is, my ADSL Internet connection is now dead.

The FreeBox (ADSL modem) says it's connected. XP says the network connection is ok.

If I run IPCONFIG in the Command Prompt, it says "Media Deconnecte" (french machine btw), so no connection.

Any ideas of what can have been broken during the uninstal of BitDefender 2011 ?

I rebooted the modem and the PC twice, but no change.

Thanks !

Comments

• david winter
    Options

I must specify that the USB cable between the ADSL model and the PC is ok.

It's just that something got broken and that the PC seems not to talk anymore with the ADSL to get its IP address and such to establish an Internet connection.

• coolcool1227
    Options

@BitDefender 2011 just slowed down my machine too much for being kept, so I uninstalled it.

Did your system meet the "System Requirement" mentioned here

And how did you un-install Eset and Bitdefender? It is recommended to uninstall any security software with its "Uninstall Tool".

• david winter
    Options
    Did your system meet the "System Requirement" mentioned here

Yes, no problem.

And how did you un-install Eset and Bitdefender? It is recommended to uninstall any security software with its "Uninstall Tool".

I either used the Control Panel or the uninstallation icon in the Eset/BD2011 menu, can't remember.

However there are two uninstallation tools for BitDefender. One called BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe and one called uninstall_tool_2011.exe. I presume that I should use the later ?

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Try reinstalling your ADSL drivers.

Also did your Internet connection work when you installed Bitdefender? Did you update Bitdefender then? What is your Windows Firewall settings?

• david winter
    Options

I ran the uninstallation tools and reinstalled Eset.

Everythintg works great now. Thanks for your help.

• Hi,

ONT: Thanks for your help :)

Winter: glad to see the issue is now resolved. Please note that having more than a single security solution installed on the same PC will create issues and the PC may not work properly anymore (slowdown, BSOD etc).

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Case resolved, topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.