Game Does Not Work, Because Of Bitdefender Is 2011?

Hello everyone,

I have re-installed my OS after my old Kaspersky Internet Security license was ended. I my father has bought me now BitDefender Internet Security 2011.

I have a game called Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth II which used to work well before my OS re-install, but since I have installed BitDefender the game won't start. It shows the splashscreen, then it returns to the desktop and then it shows the splashscreen again, and after that it quits the game. I can see in the task manager that the lotrbfme2.exe closes after the quit. I thought this could be because of the BitDefender internet security.

I have re-installed the game several times, and I have installed it now on an other partition.

My OS is windows XP HomeEdition, which I have always used on my PC :rolleyes:

MY computer specifications are:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual Core processor 5200+

nVidia 9800GT 512 mb Ram

2 gb ram memory.

I know it isn't because of my pc itself because I have been able to play this game for more than 2 years before.

I have also tried this game on my father's pc, and there the game works fine.

I hope I'll get an answer to my question :P

regards,

Koray

Comments

• Is there anyone who could help me? Is there a way to shut down BitDefender so I can check whether it is because of BitDefender?

• Make sure BDIS is in Expert Mode and go to Antivirus tab (left)-->Shield tab (top)-->Advanced Settings button. Note where is the AVC slider set and post back here with that setting. Try disabling AVC & IDS (IDS may already be disabled as that is the default setting) and see if the game will run.

Awaiting your reply,

This discussion has been closed.