Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Registry Cleaner

Hi,

I have been having a problem with Registry Cleaner since 28 November. What it does is Scan up to 79000+ files and shows the NEXT button, at the same time you can see that file scanning has not finished, as there's the image going round and round.

And if you click on Next which looks clickable at that point. It starts going round as well and I have to stop the program from Start Task Manager.

I contacted support and sent the image of what happens, but only got a Auto reply without the solution.

Can anyone help me with this.

BitDefender Fan. ;)

Comments

• Run CCleaner before Bitdefender Registry cleaner and then run it again.

• Thank you ONT for a prompt reply.

What is a CCleaner, as I am a nontechie. How can I find it on my PC?

Regards.

• The CCleaner is a program you need to download

You can download it here

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

• Hi Jon,

thank you. It looks I have to pay for it.

I would like to sort it out with BitDefender without any extra charges, as I have already paid purchased BD for the same purposes.

Thank you.

Best regards.

• No payments needed

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Below the payment method you should see this

Version 3.02.1343 (2,906 kb)

- Download from FileHippo.com

- Download from Piriform.com

Thats FREE

• Hi Jon,

thank you. It looks I have to pay for it.

I would like to sort it out with BitDefender without any extra charges, as I have already paid purchased BD for the same purposes.

Thank you.

Best regards.

CCleaner is FREE. However, their webpage is built in such a way that many users think they have to buy it. One link is to buy "Priority Support ($24.95)" and the other is to "donate."

If you click on the Download from Piriform.com link, just above the Release notes, you will be taken to the download page.

Regards,

• Thank you Gary, Jon and ONT!

I should have read the page more carefully. It is free and I am in the process of cleaning with CCleaner.

Thank you for your patience and this friendly forum.

Best regards. ;)

Zamira

• Great - let us know how you make out.

I have used CCleaner for years. It does a great job and is generally safe using the default settings. As a precaution, I've gotten in the habit of letting it backup Registry changes when it prompts for it.

Regards,

• Hi Bit2011

I would like to suggest you that after cleaning your registry from CCleaner, you should run Bitdefender Registry Cleaner in order to verify that the issue you reprted still there.

• Hello All,

Now I have used CCleaner and it worked very well. Thank you.

However, my issue with Registry Cleaner hasn't been resolved. I checked it several times and it does the same old thing. It scans over 79000 files and it freezes.

Any ideas why it's happening?

Thank you. Zamira

PS: I know this is off topic and I asked it in another thread and couldn't get a reply. Could you please advise if you know anything about it?

Here is my issue:

I have a very slow connection where I live and now my internet connection slowed down almost to a stop since 7th January update. It was working fine before I rebooted my computer as per BitDefender warning to do so.

I use a Sony VGN NW20ZF, Windows 7/64. I used Bitdefender for the last 6 years and was always happy with it. I bought BD 2011 October 2010.

Thank you a lot.

• Try to repair your Bitdefender.

• Thank you ONT,

After I have read a few posts in this forum, I decided to send a file to DanyDan to see if he can help me. Will let you know of the outcome.

Regards.

Zamira

• Bonjour Zamira,

Please check your email associated with your forum account for instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter. Ticket ID: 201101161031211.

Please reply via email with the results.

Cordialement,

This discussion has been closed.