Bd2011 New Network Connection

Hello,

Since my upgrade to BD TS2011 (Bd2010 TS was uninstalled before) I received several times (after PC boot) the popup window (see screenshot) concerning the New Network Connection?

My network connection did NOT change.

Thanks in advance

post-4774-1294728771_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Is this a wireless connection? If so, BD has acknowledged this issue with certain wireless cards, as explained in this topic. The development team is working on a solution which will be released via the normal update process. No specific ETA has been given, so please be patient.

If you are experiencing the problem on a wired connection, please provide the details - type & speed of internet connection, router information, etc.

Regards,

• Hello,

I use a wired connection

On my mother board : Sis 900 based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

Speed 10Mb

NO router

Ethernet provider : Telenet.be

post-4774-1294818269_thumb.jpg

post-4774-1294818287_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

And this morning again Vista Sp2

post-4774-1294899491_thumb.jpg

• Thanks for the reply. Please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further. Be sure to include that you are running over a wired connection.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Emile
    edited January 2011

Hello,

Done

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tyw6nn

I cannot send the PM your inbox is full !!

• Is this a wireless connection? If so, BD has acknowledged this issue with certain wireless cards
    . I use a cabled network and do have the same problem. Profiles.xml does'nt hold the settings after a reboot and or update.

Regards,

Ton

• Hello,

As usual this morning when I start the PC and BD TS 2011 becomes actif.

Do I need to change some settings?

post-4774-1295074683_thumb.jpg

post-4774-1295074709_thumb.jpg

• Hello Emile,

I have analyzed the logs you sent me and found the following:

Multiple security solutions and registry cleaners installed on your PC:

- BitDefender Total Security 2011

- CCleaner

- Registry Clean Expert

- SpywareBlaster 4.4

- Windows Live Family Safety

- Advanced Disk Cleaner

- SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

Allow me to remind you that having all these software installed on the same PC, except the fact that you are searching for mostly the same things with all of the above mention software, you are not taking advantage of your PC full performances. Furthermore none of these software will work 100 % correctly as the others will prevent it from running as designed.

Please uninstall ALL the software above EXCEPT:

- for BitDefender use the Uninstall tool we provide:

http://www.BitDefender.com/uninstall

- do NOT uninstall CCleaner

- Restart the PC when you have uninstalled everything.

- Uninstall BitDefender then restart the PC again;

- Open CCleaner using the icon on the Desktop then perform both types of cleaning: Temporary files(first icon on the left hand - the blue paintbrush) and Windows Registry cleaning

Do NOT backup the entries before removing them !

- Restart the PC again

- Download the file below (depending on your PC architecture) but don't open it yet:

BitDefender Internet Security 2011:

32bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_32b.exe

64bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_64b.exe

Please confirm that the issue is now resolved.

I have also sent you the above instructions via email, ticket ID:

Regards,

• Hello Dany,

Thanks for your answer.

I do not want to argue about your answer, I want to explain .

Yes all these products are installed on my system. There were already installed when I was running BD TS 2010 and I NEVER had that type of problems with BD TS 2010. All started after I upgraded to BD TS 2011 (Version 2010 uninstalled before upgrade).

I use the products because they remove from my system some adawre, malwares, ... that Bit Defender does NOT block.

These products run "on request" and are NOT active when my PC boot_s and Windows starts.

I do not understand why these products have an impact on the network recognition by BD TS 2011.

I do not understand why you suggest to install BD Internet Security instead of Bit Defender Total Security that I use.

Regards

• Hi,

My mistake about the Internet Security. Regarding the software mentioned, some of them, even if not running them directly, some drivers are installed. These drivers are loaded at PC start-up. The registry cleaners do not have these type of drivers however the:

- Windows Live Family Safety

- SUPERAntiSpyware

You can check the Microsoft website for details about Windows Family Safety and the superantispyware website and allow me to quote:

Real-Time Blocking of threats! Prevent potentially harmful software from installing or re-installing!

Last but not least, I have noticed traces of the previous installation of BitDefender 2010. Also I truly don't see the point in having multiple software doing the same thing (i.e. registry cleaners).

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.