Bd 2011 Greys Out, Will Not Complete Scan

As per your response to the private message sent to me today, I am starting a new thread.

Apparently in common with many others, BD frequently greys out and stops respnonding with no error message. Essentailly always, scans fail part way through with a message that BD has stopped responding.

The support tool , when run manually as per many other posts, does not show any progress after 2+ hours.

Now that I have complied with your apparently automatic response to my message, I would appreciate some support.

Comments

• As per your response to the private message sent to me today, I am starting a new thread.

Apparently in common with many others, BD frequently greys out and stops respnonding with no error message. Essentailly always, scans fail part way through with a message that BD has stopped responding.

The support tool , when run manually as per many other posts, does not show any progress after 2+ hours.

Now that I have complied with your apparently automatic response to my message, I would appreciate some support.

dear, JoeB.

first of all make sure, please, if you have installed on your computer and other protection solutions (like Antispam, Antimalware, Tune Up)

if you have something like a computer, uninstall them. Let BitDefender to do his job alone. For a complete success, please use the uninstall tool (you can find in the basement of my signature) to completely uninstall the current version of Bitdefender. Restart your PC. From this site download CCleaner, install it and clean time files with him. Then run a registry scan with CCleaner and remove all traces of Bitdefender. Restart your PC again. Enter here and download the latest version of bitdefender build what you want to install on a PC.

Good luck.

Tell us if you have trouble getting another cd BitDefender runs without complete lack of the mentioned program.

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Matei

Are you telling us that Bitdefender uninstall tool does not do its job and that we need to download and install additional software to complete the task?

I have intermittently suffered the problem described in this topic and have already uninstalled and reinstalled Bitdefender. I tried recreating it with the support tool running but it seemed to have been resolved and didn't reoccur until I tried to do a scan last night. The scan module said it had finished but BD services had stopped, the computer froze and had to be restarted and the scan is not recorded on the scan page of BD interface.

Is there a way of saving the support tool settings so I can shut it down but restart next time I want to do a scan without typing all of the information in?

I have suffered this problem, Windows Problem Reporting issue described elsewhere on this forum and the new network problem. Bitdefender is proving to be unstable and I would no longer recommend it.

Regards

Bushy

• Please follow the instructions posted by DanyDan of BD tech support in this topic (second post) to submit the log files for investigation.

Regards,

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

This discussion has been closed.