Search Advisor Never Work On Google.com

Hi, i am using Bitdefender Internet Secutiry 2011 with latest build and up-to-date. When i search using google.com, the search advisor never work for me. However, when i tried to search with google from other countries (vietnam, UK, Hong Kong...), the search advisor work just fine. I also tried to search on yahoo.com, the search advisor also work fine. Could you please fix it or tell me how to fix it because i mostly use google.com for my search. Thanks

PS: I am using windows 7 Ultimate x86.

Comments

• Hello,

Try to go to:

http://www.Google.com/ncr and tell me if the Search Advisor works. Note that you will be redirected to Google.com - the NCR stands for: No Country Region.

• Thanks DanyDan for replying. I followed your instruction but it still did not work for me. I tried it on Firefox 3.6.12. If you need further info please let me know. Thanks

• Hello,

Please read the article below and delete the cache for Firefox. Clear also the temporary folders then restart the PC. Test to see if the issue still occur.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How+to+clear+the+cache

To delete temporary files:

1. Click on the START menu then go to RUN

2. If you can't see the Run option press the keys: Press and hold the Window key (between left CTRL and ALT) and press a single time the key R. The Run dialog will appear;

3. Type: %tmp% and click on OK;

4. Select ALL files present in that folder (including folders) and delete them.

5. Restart the PC.

Please let me know if the issue still persist.

• Sorry DayDan, the problem is still there. i've tried to install other anivirus software such as norton, kaspersky, trend micro and all of their search advisor work just file on my computer, so i believe there is a problem with BIS itself not my computer, but i am willing to test anything as you suggest.

• Hi again,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Sorry DanyDan for a late answer. i'll upload the logs file and PM you now. happy new year, buddy.

• Hi DanyDan, i'd like to update some info. Please check the attach for more info. The issue is the same on Firefox and Internet Explorer, so i only upload the screenshot for firefox only.

post-22189-1294306988_thumb.png

post-22189-1294307008_thumb.png

• I believe that you are trying in the same Firefox Mozilla window ? Please confirm.

Try to do the following test:

- open Firefox and go to http://www.google.com/ncr

- try to search for anything and see if the search advisor is working or not;

- close Firefox window;

- open a new Firefox window;

- test the Search Advisor from the quick search bar;

• I believe that you are trying in the same Firefox Mozilla window ? Please confirm.

Try to do the following test:

- open Firefox and go to http://www.google.com/ncr

- try to search for anything and see if the search advisor is working or not;

- close Firefox window;

- open a new Firefox window;

- test the Search Advisor from the quick search bar;

Thanks for replying DanyDan. I did followed your instruction, however, the problem is still the same as i mentioned above.

• Unknown
    edited January 2011

Are you doing the search in the same Firefox window ? Are you using the Back button ? What I understand from the screenshots is that:

- if you search using quick search bar Search Advisor is working;

- if you are searching normally by visiting the Google website the Site Advisor is NOT working;

The only known bug regarding Search Advisor is that the icon is not displayed if you use the Back button on the browser however a resolution will be released pretty soon for it. I do suspect the two issues are related.

Is that accurate and happening with both browsers ?

• Are you doing the search in the same Firefox window ?

No, i tried on 2 separate firefox windows.

Are you using the Back button ?

Nope

What I understand from the screenshots is that:

- if you search using quick search bar Search Advisor is working;

- if you are searching normally by visiting the Google website the Site Advisor is NOT working;

Yes, correct.

Is that accurate and happening with both browsers ?

Yes

• The same thing is occurring for me also, in the same way Chickenlittle showed in the images provide from post #8 and the additional info provided in this thread, in IE, FF, and Chrome.

• Chickenlittle, if you're like me, you may have noticed that B.D. found a solution for this issue with an update recently, as it's now working all the way around for me.

Thank You BitDefender :D

• Chickenlittle, if you're like me, you may have noticed that B.D. found a solution for this issue with an update recently, as it's now working all the way around for me.

Thank You BitDefender :D

Nope, still does not work for me :(

• Rats, I shouldn't have generalized that it would've worked for you too. :mellow:

This discussion has been closed.