Bdagent.exe The Parameter Is Incorrect

I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro. I've run the Bd uninstall tool numerous times and even once in safe mode.

I can successfully install BD Antivirus Pro 2011 and register it and run a scan. During the installation, I get a notice from C:\Windows\System32\grpconv.exe that "The parameter is incorrect". However the install completes successfully.

Afterwards, I have the icon in the system tray and I can run scans and update and so forth. However, if I try to run the shortcuts I get that same "The parameter is incorrect" message for bdagent.exe and seccenter.exe.

After I reboot, I no longer have the icon in the system tray but the services are all started.

I've uninstalled and re-installed but I get the same thing everytime.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

post-42743-1295221017_thumb.jpg

post-42743-1295221028_thumb.jpg

post-42743-1295221038_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

Please locate the file: C:\Windows\system32\grpconv.exe. Create an archive with WinRAR or WinZIP and password protect it as explained below. When the archive is created upload it HERE then send a PM to my colleague Cristian Raducu with the sample by clicking HERE.

He will create you a ticket with our Malware team and analyze the sample. When we have the confirmation that your PC is clean and safe from any possible infection we will proceed with the troubleshoot.

I will also need you to create a log with the entries found at Windows startup using the Autoruns tool provided by Microsoft:

Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then upload it HERE;

f) When you have the download link send me a PM with it including the topic link so I know what case we are working on.

Looking forward to your answer!