Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uninstall Bd Is 2010 Before Installing Is 2011?

I'm currently running BD Internet Security 2010 on 3 systems. 2 are Windows XP SP3 32 bit desktops and the third is a Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Subscription time is near and I have purchased a 3 PC 2 year BD Internet Security 2011 disc.

I have searched this forum and the KB quite a bit and it seems there are some conflicting opinions on how to best install the new version. Some say use the uninstall tool and completely remove IS 2010 before installing IS 2011. I've seen a KB article saying to just install over the top of the existing installations and they will be removed.

Looking for some final, definitive information about what is the best way to go. Appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Math_Matei
    edited February 2011

yes, indeed, for a successful installation of version 2011, you must follow these steps:

1. make sure you do not have any other security solution installed on your PC (spyware, tuneup ...).

2. uninstall the 2010 version using the uninstall utility that you can download here.

3. restart your PC.

4. from here downloaded the program CCleaner, install it and clean with the help of temporary files, then scan the registry with it. We find traces of uninstalled BitDefender. Remove them all.

5. download here the latest version of BitDefender 2011 for which you hold a license

6. install it (be careful to know your account information will be "my bitdefender" - username and password)

7. do a manual update after installation and restart your PC.

Everything is perfect now.

Warning, if you have Vista or 7, so uninstall utility and run kit must install with administrator rights (right click run as administrator).

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Thanks for the reply. Another question....does anyone know whether my retail BD IS 2011 disc contains both 32 bit and 64 bit installation options? I have a laptop currently running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Will the disc have a 64 bit installation option or do I need to download it from the supplied link?

Also, in regards to any other security software, I do use Malwarebytes but not the Pro version. There isn't any resident MB scanner running. There shouldn't be any reason to uninstall MB before installing BD, correct?

• I've not purchased BD in a retail box, but I would think somewhere on the box would tell you what's included on the CD. You can still download the 64-bit version from the direct link and use the license key provided in the retail box. That will work.

The free Malwarebytes without any real time scanner should be fine. I have it installed on this Win7 Pro x64 laptop and there has been no conflict with BDAV.

Regards,