Problem Installing 2011 - Installer Has Insufficient Privileges To Access Directory

I am switching to Internet Security 2011 from Internet Security 2010

Towards the end of installation pop-up box came and give me "The Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory C:\Program Files\BitDefender\Bit Defender 2011\cache. The installation cannot continue. Log on as administration or contact your system administrator.

Program than auto rolls it back and asked me to run Uninstall Tool. I've done that and clean up all bitdefender product. reboot comp and trying to install it again but the same thing happened.

What am I supposed to do? help please.

Comments

• Math_Matei
    edited February 2011

Please try after using the uninstall utility from Bitdefender, from here to download this program, run it, to clean temporary files with him, then him to scan the registry. You will surely find many traces of uninstalled BitDefender. Remove them all.

Download here the latest version of Bitdefender build you own the license.

Install it.

Let us know if there're any problems.

very important!

make sure you do not have any computer security solution.

If you use Vista or 7, so uninstall tool, and should be rolled Bitdefender kit right-clicking on them and choosing "Run as Administrator"

Matei

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.