Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2011 Icon Missing In Vista

Options

From time to time when I boot up my laptop, the Bitdefender icon is not in my task bar. I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 installed on a Dell laptop running Windows Vista.

If I click the Bitdefender icon under my programs, it comes up and reports no issues. So it is running, but just not showing in my task bar.

If I reboot, the icon will come back.

Also sometimes Windows will report that Antivirus and Firewall protection are not running, when Bitdefender is clearly running.

Comments

• sm1
    Options

Just log off and log in again. I also had this problem after first restart after installing Bitdefender. But afterwards there is no problem. Even when the icon is not shown in tray the task manager displays all running Bitdefender services. I think the issue is vista specific as I encountered this issue also with other antivirus software under Vista.

• Indeed the issue does not occur with other OS except Vista. To stay on the safe side please follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Sam234
    Options
    Just log off and log in again. I also had this problem after first restart after installing Bitdefender. But afterwards there is no problem. Even when the icon is not shown in tray the task manager displays all running Bitdefender services. I think the issue is vista specific as I encountered this issue also with other antivirus software under Vista.

This loss of quick launch / tray icon does occur with other OS, it happened to me with XP, for a easy solution see http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...2809&st=40#

• Unknown
    edited April 2011
    Options

Hi Sam,

The link you gave is for the 2009 products and that resolution only applies for XP.

Thank you for your concern however, this old topic is now closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.