Internet Security 2011

So, I installed this product on Fri. and cannot login to my PC. I called support, they had me go in safe mode and try to uninstall and I got another error. I have been since Sun. without my computer. Support is Slow. They were to send me information on how to manually install but I've yet to receive one. The folks who answer the phones can't do much but log the problems.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you been able to solve it?

Comments

• You found a phone number ?

Just the general one on the web page. After my 7th call, I finally had someone last night instruct me to run the sys dump utility and send the file to the level 2 techs. I really had mixed feelings about giving them so much information about my system. Five days and counting.....

Support phone numbers are listed in the BD 'About' window. In the Windows System Tray, right-click on the red BD icon and then select "About.'

Regards,

• Support phone numbers are listed in the BD 'About' window. In the Windows System Tray, right-click on the red BD icon and then select "About.'

Regards,

That is a problem because my issue is I can't login to Windows since I've installed bit defender.

• Hello,

First and foremost be kindly informed that the average response time is 48 to 72 hours on the Forum. You have started the topic on April 6th and got the first reply from a Forum Moderator the very next day, on April 7th therefore the "Five days and counting" do not really apply :)

You also mentioned receiving an error when trying to boot in Windows Safe Mode. What was that exact error message ? Please bear in mind that we need as many details as possible about the issue you encounter in order to find a fast and correct resolution.

As a first look, I would say that the reason why you can't login anymore in Windows is because:

- you either had another security solution installed and running on the PC when you installed BitDefender;

- you either performed a faulty installation/upgrade/reinstall of BitDefender.

What Operating System are you using ? What PC architecture (32-bits;64-bits) ?

Please read the topic below for information on how to correctly submit a request on our Forums:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=190&id=18

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello,

First and foremost be kindly informed that the average response time is 48 to 72 hours on the Forum. You have started the topic on April 6th and got the first reply from a Forum Moderator the very next day, on April 7th therefore the "Five days and counting" do not really apply :) -

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was referring to the time I was told to wait once I called the support line. The five days and counting referred to how long I've been without my PC since I installed the product. It is now seven days and counting.

You also mentioned receiving an error when trying to boot in Windows Safe Mode.

I didn't get the error booting in safe mode. I received the error when I went to run the uninstall program support sent me.

The error was:

C:/Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/AppData/Local/Temp?rarSFX0 folder is not accessible

I was able to run the sysdump program and sent the tar file on Thurs. morning (about 48 hours ago and still haven't heard back from support)

What was that exact error message ? Please bear in mind that we need as many details as possible about the issue you encounter in order to find a fast and correct resolution.

As a first look, I would say that the reason why you can't login anymore in Windows is because:

- you either had another security solution installed and running on the PC when you installed BitDefender;

- you either performed a faulty installation/upgrade/reinstall of BitDefender.

I uninstalled the previous version and Norton, which I discovered only after I started the install,. Evidently it was on the PC when I bought it because I didn't install it. Interestinging I did install the previous version of BitDefender about a year ago and it didn't find Norton.

What Operating System are you using ? What PC architecture (32-bits;64-bits) ? - Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

Please read the topic below for information on how to correctly submit a request on our Forums:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=190&id=18

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited April 2011

Hi,

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Go to: C:\Windows\Minidump, put all files from there in an archive (if any), upload the archive on a file sharing server of your choice (such as www.sendspace.com) and send me the download link by PM.

8. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Furthermore please follow the steps below and post the values for TMP and TEMP:

1. Run Regedit

2. Browse: to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

3. Check the Values of TMP and TEMP

4. Post them here.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.