Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Big Issues With Bitdefender Internet Security 2011

Options

Hello,

Here my two issues:

- Bitdefender shut down when I am doing a scan of the computer.

- Bitdefender shut down ... whenever and I must restart the computer to get a proper protection.

I am currently using Windows 7 Professional x64.

Regards,

Armand

Comments

• Hi Armand74,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering, I need you to send me a PM with our support tool. You can generate it by following the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adapter if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive) and then send it to me

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. In your PM also include a screenshot with the message you receive when your BitDefender is down and a link to this topic.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send by e-mail) and attach it to the reply to this email.

I am waiting for what I have requested you.

• Hi,

thanks for the quick answer. I tried to start the supporttool.exe in admin mode...but nothing happens: it stops at the step "execution of tools" (or something like this since the software is in french). Also, for the issue happening during the scan, the error message is just telling "Bitdefender has encountered a error and need to restart." I think it is relevent to notice that it crashes while it analyzes \bitdefender\ui\nag.ui every times.

I also tried to re-install the software but the same issues were still occuring.

Regards,

Armand

• Hi Armand74,

I created for you the Ticked ID: 201104151006011 in order to send me the files I requested you. Please attach them in your next reply and I will come back to you with a solution as soon as I can.

Thank you!