Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Reverting 2 Of 3 Bdis 2011 Installs To 2009 Or 2010

Options

I recently(well 3 months ago) upgraded to BDIS 2011 and installed it onto 3 of my home PCs. Two of these are older and only have 1.0 gig of ram. I had hoped I could resolve the speed and stability issues, I attempted reinstalls, ran BD old install clean up tool, then reinstalled, disabled various features that as stated on these boards could slow my PCs down, waited for a patch/update that would resolve these issues to no avail. I would like if possible to revert these 2 older PCs to either my BDIS 2009 (have original disks still) or D/L BDIS 2010 and transfer over the balance of the outstanding 2 year licenses to these. I would greatly appreciate to pursue this option, I had been a big BD supporter over the last 2 years, although not perfect it performed well within what I considered an acceptable range of parameters given its intended purpose and the demands I put on it. This is no longer the case, my other PC with 2 gigs of ram has less problems (if this speeds up my older 2 PCs considerably I would potentially like to pursue this option with this PC as well).

I look forward to your prompt and helpful reply.

rpz1

P.S. these are all running Windows XP

Comments

• Hi rpz1,

Be informed that we can exchange your license key into one for the 2009 version, so you can use it also for BitDefender 2010 and 2011. If you agree with this, please post here and I will send you a PM with the new key. Note that it will be valid for 3 PC's and will expire on 06:02:2013.

Thank you!

• rpz1
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply, can I use this new key, for multiple versions ie.(BDIS 2009, 2010 & 2011) given that it is still limited to 3 licences in total (3 installations/computers)? Also can I D/L and use this key on BDIS 2010? If the above is the case then please do, if there are any other issues with me doing this ie. reverting to older versions, D/L BDIS 2010 etc. can you make me aware of them as well.

Thanks rpz1

• Hi rpz1,

I sent you via e-mail your new license key, and yes, it is also compatible with the new versions.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

This discussion has been closed.