Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Av Pro 2011 - Install Failed

Good Day,

I have purchased a 3 User pack of Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 for a customer. i have succesffully installed the other users but am having difficulty with the final user. It is an Acer TravelMate 7320, XP Pro SP3. the installation goes well until the final stage of copying files and finalizing installation when it fails. Installation failure, please run uninstall tool.

Currently there are no AV programs installed as i removed them before attempting to install bitdefender. also i tried to reinstall avg free as this is what was being used previously and it also failed.

Any thoughts as to how to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• X Computers - first, welcome to the BD forum. :)

Please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take a few days for them to respond.

Regards,

• I have exactly the same problem. I installed AV Pro about 6 weeks ago and have had no end of niggles. This morning the systray icon had disappeared and when I tried to open the programme it told me that there was an incorrect application or something and I had to reinstall. I uninstalled the programme using the BD tool and tried to reinstall from the download link, but it fails everytime it gets to the final stage of copying files when it says I don't have authorization to amend a BD file. I have an IPC laptop running Windows XP Service pack 3 with 1.37 GB of RAM. What do I do?

• @Maisie - please follow the same instructions in my post directly above yous to submit the dump file to BD tech support for further investigation.

Regards,

• Hello Maisie,

X Computers: I haven't received anything from you via PM. Were you able to resolve the issue on your own ? I believe that you encounter this issue because of traces from previous installations of certain Security Solutions (BitDefender, AVG) still present in your PC. Please let me know.

Maisie: I have analyzed the logs you provided me with and noticed that you have traces of another BitDefender product than the one you mention in your post. The reason I am saying this is because the BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 do not have a Firewall module therefore no driver however, found in your logs:

80    bdftdif.sys    B0DBC000    \??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Firewall\bdftdif.sys

23    bdfsfltr.sys    B9EAA000    bdfsfltr.sys

Considering the above I can conclude that you haven't used the uninstall tool we provide (check the link below) in order to completely remove BitDefender and all its traces. Save the file below on your Desktop then Run it. Click on the "Uninstall" button in the new window that appears then wait to be asked to restart the PC. After restart, save the installation file from the link below depending on what product you purchased. Keep in mind that you are using a 32-bits PC therefore ignore the 64-bits download links.

BitDefender Uninstall Tool

BitDefender 2011 Download Links

Please confirm that the issue is now resolved.

Regards,

• Hi DanyDan

You will see from my post above that I have already uninstalled (3 times actually) using the same link you have provided in your reply. I will try again and let you know.

Maisie

• Hi Daniel

It worked this time but don't know why as I had already done everything you suggested. I wasn't asked to reboot after the uninstall which I assumed was because there was nothing left to uninstall but I did so anyway. So thanks, but it's a shame that after using BitDefender for several years with no problems I have had to post twice in 6 weeks to sort problems with AV Pro 2011.

Maisie

• Hi Maisie,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. The uninstall did not run completely if you did not see the restart message. That is why I advise each user I work with to wait until that message is displayed then select NO and manually restart the PC. Please check your email for more information and confirm that everything is OK now.

Ticket ID: 201104231007252.

Best regards,