Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Re: [ticket Id:201104171003683] Unable To Activate Bitdefender Ts 2011

Options

Hi Bitdefender,

I am unable to Activate my Bitdefender Total Security 2011 for about a week now. It has already been installed and my license key has been registered, however, whenever I try to activate my product, I keep getting an error message:

" Product activation with the license key and the BitDefender account you have provided failed because no internet connection has been detected "

However, my internet connection is COMPLETELY FINE.

I have an existing Ticket ID:201104171003683

I have been given some solutions via email, but they have not been able to resolve the Activation error I keep getting.

Please help. I have not gotten an update from Costel yet regarding my issue.

Comments

• Hello,

I took ownership of the ticket you mentioned and sent you instructions on how to try to resolve this issue you encounter. Are you using a proxy to connect to the Internet ? What Internet connection type do you use ? Mention the license key, the email you use when trying to register, and a screenshot of the error displayed on the screen.

Try the recommended steps and let me know if the issue is resolved or persist. Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

I took ownership of the ticket you mentioned and sent you instructions on how to try to resolve this issue you encounter. Are you using a proxy to connect to the Internet ? What Internet connection type do you use ? Mention the license key, the email you use when trying to register, and a screenshot of the error displayed on the screen.

Try the recommended steps and let me know if the issue is resolved or persist. Looking forward to your answer!

Hi Daniel,

I have tried the solution you requested; but it did not work and in fact made it worse because my license key was then said to be invalid. I then had to do a clean uninstall and install.

My BitDefender product is now successfully REGISTERED.

However, I now still have problems ACTIVATING the product.

The error message I get is: "Product activation with the license key and the BitDefender account you have provided failed because no internet connection has been detected." Screenshot attached.

BD_ActivationError.jpg

I am not sure what kind of Internet connection I have though. Kindly advise how I can check it up / configure to allow BitDefender to activate properly? Or perhaps some kind of Manual activation? Thanks!

• Hi persentio,

In case the password you are entering contains spaces or other special characters I recommend you to change it and set a new one containing only letters and/or numbers.

To do this, please go to https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/MyAccount/login/ and login with your e-mail and password. Then go to the "My account" tab and click on "Modify password". There, enter a new password (without spaces) in both New Password* and Re-type New Password* field, then click on "Modify".

Wait a couple of hours and then try to activate BitDefender again. Please let me know if you are successful. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

• Hi persentio,

In case the password you are entering contains spaces or other special characters I recommend you to change it and set a new one containing only letters and/or numbers.

To do this, please go to https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/MyAccount/login/ and login with your e-mail and password. Then go to the "My account" tab and click on "Modify password". There, enter a new password (without spaces) in both New Password* and Re-type New Password* field, then click on "Modify".

Wait a couple of hours and then try to activate BitDefender again. Please let me know if you are successful. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Hi Mihaela,

Thanks! My password indeed has some special characters... I'll try your suggestion!

• Hi persentio,

Thank you!

Hi Mihaela,

Unfortunately it did not work... It still pops up the same error when I try to Activate..

• Hi persentio,

Try to do the following steps:

1. Please disable the Firewall module from BitDefender and also any Firewall you have, including the one from your Windows. When you have disabled them please try again to activate your BitDefender.

* In order to turn off the Firewall module from BitDefender, please open the software, click Options in the upper-right corner of the window and choose Expert View. Then go to the Firewall module and sisable it for 30 minutes

* In order to disable Windows Firewall please follow the steps from the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...ewall-on-or-off

2. In case the above solution will not work, please go to Start and type "cmd" in the Run/Search bar, and then hit enter. In the Command prompt window type the command " ping –t lv2.bitdefender.com " (without the quotation marks)and hit Enter. Please check if all the requests are returnig Time Out. Try again to activate the software.

3. In case the step 2 will not solve and you have a wireless Internet connection or do you use a router, please try to plug the Internet cable directly to the computer and try again to activate your BitDefender.

Thank you!

• Hi persentio,

Try to do the following steps:

1. Please disable the Firewall module from BitDefender and also any Firewall you have, including the one from your Windows. When you have disabled them please try again to activate your BitDefender.

* In order to turn off the Firewall module from BitDefender, please open the software, click Options in the upper-right corner of the window and choose Expert View. Then go to the Firewall module and sisable it for 30 minutes

* In order to disable Windows Firewall please follow the steps from the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...ewall-on-or-off

2. In case the above solution will not work, please go to Start and type "cmd" in the Run/Search bar, and then hit enter. In the Command prompt window type the command " ping –t lv2.bitdefender.com " (without the quotation marks)and hit Enter. Please check if all the requests are returnig Time Out. Try again to activate the software.

3. In case the step 2 will not solve and you have a wireless Internet connection or do you use a router, please try to plug the Internet cable directly to the computer and try again to activate your BitDefender.

Thank you!

Hi Mihaela,

I disabled the Bitdefender firewall (Windows firewall already disabled), still same error and I cannot activate.

I tried the pinging in cmd prompt, I received pings of 200+ms but not Time Out. Again, still same error and I cannot activate.

Connected my computer directly to my internet cable, still same error and I cannot activate.

Really puzzling and frustrating.... Thanks for any more advice please! Really need to get this up and running..

• Anyone?? I've really tried everything possible... I even tried using my iPhone personal hotspot as an internet connection.. Still no luck...

• Anyone from Bitdefender please? Would really appreciate any manual activation method!

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Timothy,

I have waited for you to perform the remote on Friday, however you were not online. In response, I have sent you an email with the request to give me a date and time when you will be available for the remote session to resolve the issue you encounter together. Your ticket ID is: 201104171003683. Since I see you are online at this time, are you available now to start the session ?

I have the TeamViewer details, just waiting for a sign on your end.

• Hello Timothy,

I have waited for you to perform the remote on Friday, however you were not online. In response, I have sent you an email with the request to give me a date and time when you will be available for the remote session to resolve the issue you encounter together. Your ticket ID is: 201104171003683. Since I see you are online at this time, are you available now to start the session ?

I have the TeamViewer details, just waiting for a sign on your end.

Thanks Daniel for your help in solving my problem! :)

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

Always glad to help :)

Case resolved, topic closed. For any further queries, feel free to create a new topic.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.