Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus 2011 Pro

Options

Hi

For the past days I'm getting a message from my Win7 Home Premium x64 action center saying my bitdfender antivirus and spyware are out of date. I know for a fact that the program is actually updated and working just fine.

Could someoane please tell me why windows is telling me this ?

Thanks

Comments

• nikki605
    edited April 2011
    Options

It may not be the BD program software that Windows is saying is out of date. The current Build number is 14.0.29.354 and can be displayed by right-clicking on the red BD icon in the Windows System Tray and selecting "About" as shown here:

post-35640-1303839998_thumb.jpg

More likely, the virus definition files may be out of date and Windows is reporting it. Are you connected to the internet? Do you have "Automatic Update" enabled in BD? When was the last time BD updated and what is the "Virus Signature" number? You can check both by opening BD and looking on the Update tab as shown here:

post-35640-1303840021_thumb.jpg

If BD is not up to date you can manually start both the program & virus definition update, by again right-clicking on the red BD icon in the Windows System Tray, but this time select "Update Now."

Regards,

• kota
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply.

To answer your questions, yes I'm always connected to the internet and the automatic update is and has been always enabled. The present built on my version states 14.0.23 and I've just checked if there was any updates and there was none. Virus signature is 7121532 and engine version is 7.37129.

Cheers

• You don't have your location (country) in your profile. What country are you located in and what language is your BDAV Pro? The BD update servers vary between country locations and product language.

On the Update page, what is the date of the last update?

I am located in the USA and use the English version of BDAV Pro 2011.

Regards,

• kota
    Options

I'm in Lisbon, Portugal and yes I do have the portuguese version of bdav pro 2011. The last update is today's and it says there's no update available. Go figure ;)

Thanks

• Kota - you are the 3rd user to report this problem in Portugal. Try the advice from another user in this topic to see if it resolves your issue.

Regards,

• kota
    Options

Thanks nikki

Worked just fine !!

Cheers

• Hi kota,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you!