Bd Antivirus Pro 2011

Hi,

I have used Bitdefender products for about 3 years and yesterday upgraded from BD Antivirus 2010 to Antivirus Pro 2011. Since upgrading I have been unable to successfully update my virus definitions using the automatic update routine. When activated it produces an the error message:

"An error occurred during the update ( could not connect to proxy or server) if the error persists etc..."

I find this puzzling as previously with Antivirus 2010 I had no problems using the automatic update routine. I contacted support and received the standard please check your proxy or server connections, which I did but as I'm not using a proxy server and had not made any connection changes since using Antivirus 2010 I did expect a little more than an email directing me to the FAQ which I had previously checked.

I downloaded the uninstall tool and uninstalled BD 2011 then reinstalled it, but still unable to automatically update the virus defs. I also used the automated logging process to report the fault and log the problem.

Currently I am using the manual update process and have downloaded the weekly file of virus defs.

Is there a problem with Antivirus 2011? Should I reinstall Antivirus 2010?

Regards

ackroydchris

Comments

• Since my post to the forum a couple of days ago I have not received anything further from support they had just sent me the initial read the FAQ articles link.

"In order to solve the update issue you are dealing with, please follow the

instructions from the following KB article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/818/

Should you encounter the same issue please do not hesitate to contact us.

Looking forward to your reply!"

I responded to them with

"Thanks for your reply, however,

I dont have proxy settings, I dont use proxy settings, I have just upgraded from Antivirus 2010 and never used any proxy settings for that version. I have a direct connection to the internet. Do I need to reinstall Antivirus 2010?"

So while I am waiting for a reply I uninstalled BD Antivirus Pro 2011 using the uninstall software again, but this time in safe mode. I then downloaded the version of Antivirus Pro 2011 which is pinned to this forum section header.

I installed it and then got this message on the registration screen,

"unable to create your account no internet connection".

I continued through the installation and then got this message -

"Thankyou your account has been updated".

This would indicate to me that bitdefender either found some info on my pc, left by the uninstaller or it actually connected with my account, using the internet which it says it could not previously find. I then continued and attempted an update -

and got "an error occurred during the update and could not connect with the proxy or server etc."

So I am a little confused, is it my settings or is there a problem with BD Antivirus Pro 2011. At this point I am seriously considering going back to Antivirus 2010 as I cannot face having to manually download the virus defs on a weekly basis for the period of the contract. All I really need to know is BD Antivirus 2011 incompatible with my setup or is there a problem/conflict with the current release?

regards

• Hello Ackroydchris,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!