Usb Devices Not Recognized After Bd 2011 Install

Hi,

ASUS UL30VT

Windows 7 Home Edition 64b

1.3Ghz 4GB

Original AV: Bitdefender 2010

Installed BD 2011 AV edition over the BD 2010. Had to go through 2 attempts due to an unstable internet connection. The uninstall of BD2010 was successful.

However, there are certain devices that don't work anymore. I have tried doing Windows updates, upgrading manufacturer BIOS, device uninstalls and reinstalls without success.

- USB ports: Device manager shows them as working with updated drivers, but anything plugged into them (including dumb optical mice) fails to have their device drivers install properly, and therefore they don't work. Even tried manually installing them, but no success.

- Webcam: device driver is corrupted, and fails despite uninstalls and reinstalls.

- Bluetooth: device driver is corrupted, and fails despite uninstalls and reinstalls.

- Ext. CD/DVD ROM: device driver is corrupted, and fails despite uninstalls and reinstalls.

Have you seen this issue before? Does the uninstall of BD2010 and fresh install of BD2011 cause some driver settings to change?

Thanks

Comments

• Luka2
    edited April 2011
    Hi,

ASUS UL30VT

Windows 7 Home Edition 64b

1.3Ghz 4GB

Original AV: Bitdefender 2010

Installed BD 2011 AV edition over the BD 2010. Had to go through 2 attempts due to an unstable internet connection. The uninstall of BD2010 was successful.

However, there are certain devices that don't work anymore. I have tried doing Windows updates, upgrading manufacturer BIOS, device uninstalls and reinstalls without success.

- USB ports: Device manager shows them as working with updated drivers, but anything plugged into them (including dumb optical mice) fails to have their device drivers install properly, and therefore they don't work. Even tried manually installing them, but no success.

- Webcam: device driver is corrupted, and fails despite uninstalls and reinstalls.

- Bluetooth: device driver is corrupted, and fails despite uninstalls and reinstalls.

- Ext. CD/DVD ROM: device driver is corrupted, and fails despite uninstalls and reinstalls.

Have you seen this issue before? Does the uninstall of BD2010 and fresh install of BD2011 cause some driver settings to change?

Thanks

I have never hear for that type of issue but you can try to reinstall BD 2011.

First uninstall it with Revo http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller-...4-75016166.html, when he ask you for Restart press Restart Later, then Scan in Revo and delete all. After that restart PC,then install again. There is a chance that eerything will work just fine after this.

Hope I help

Luka

• I have never hear for that type of issue but you can try to reinstall BD 2011.

First uninstall it with Revo http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller-...4-75016166.html, when he ask you for Restart press Restart Later, then Scan in Revo and delete all. After that restart PC,then install again. There is a chance that eerything will work just fine after this.

Hope I help

Luka

Hallo,

I have also this problem but next to that I 'can't install new software or save a picture or save any documents. Before I had ESET smart security and never had this problem. I have also Windows 7

I uninstall with Revo BD 2011 and reinstall it again but the problem is still present. This is a huge problem and it comes from BD 2011. What is the solution? Also my friend has the same problem.

Steven.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hello,

Luka2: I appreciate your help however please do not advise the users to remove BitDefender using Revo. We are providing a special tool for that, tool that can be downloaded from:

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Also, it's a must to use it to uninstall completely BitDefender. After the uninstall process, for an extra layer of security, you can also run a Windows registry cleaner such as CCleaner or Argente to check for any errors or traces from previous installations.

Last but not least, as most of the users are keeping the User Account Control enabled, it's highly recommended for those using Windows Vista or Windows 7 to right click on the uninstall tool (AFTER the download is complete) and select "Run as Administrator".

Riposte77: It seems that you have issues caused by a faulty upgrade of BitDefender because you have made the upgrade from 2010 over the 2011 version instead of uninstalling the 2010 first follow by a PC restart.

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Brandt: in your case I would say that traces of ESET prevented BitDefender from installing correctly. Please follow the same steps mentioned above for Riposte and send me the logs via PM.

Kind regards,