Bd2011 Windows 7 Sp 1 Incorrect Status Reported

Hi...

I've just installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and now in Action Centre I get 3 messages to state that the BitDefender services are not turned on. I've checked the BitDefender GUI and it seems everything is working. Any ideas how I can resolve these error messages??

Thanks!

Comments

• Please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Having this same problem but with Windows 7 64bit.

You can switch all 3 problems off & back on in bitdefender, this clears Action Center.

But problems reappear on next reboot.

Tried to PM Danny as detailed above but his inbox is full.

• Hello,

Please try to repair BitDefender as explained below and let me know if the issue persist:

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Thanks for your response.

Repair did not work for me

So I decided to a remove & do a new install.

All seems to be working fine at the moment.

• Rydeen
    edited May 2011

No spoke too soon.... just fired up my laptop & Action Center is now reporting Antispyware, Antivirus & firewall are turned off.

Bitdefender says all is fine. Can only clear by turning them off & back on again. Repair is not the cure.

• Mihaela M.
    edited May 2011

Hi all,

In order to fix this situation follow the instructions from the following article (I am sure that they will help you):

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/814/

Have a good day!

• OK did all that & it cleared all problems on next reboot.

Next day started up laptop & quess what....all problems back.

So not a permanent solution in my case.

Looked up problem on Google & see this has been a Windows 7 problem for sometime.

This has been occuring with loads of people using various types of antivirus software.

Hopefully Microsoft will sort this out eventually with an update.

I won't hold my breath.

• OK did all that & it cleared all problems on next reboot.

Next day started up laptop & quess what....all problems back.

So not a permanent solution in my case.

Looked up problem on Google & see this has been a Windows 7 problem for sometime.

This has been occuring with loads of people using various types of antivirus software.

Hopefully Microsoft will sort this out eventually with an update.

I won't hold my breath.

I experienced the issue you described and also followed the instructions that Mihaela M. posted. After performing the steps in KB814 and rebooting, the issue returned as you described.

I tried one additional step which so far has held through 2 reboots. After rebooting in the last step of the KB article, I opened the Windows Action Center and then opened the BD Dashboard, went to the Antivirus tab and disabled real-time protection. I left it disabled for about 30 seconds, re-opened BD Dashboard and enabled real-time protection. As soon as I did that, the Windows Action Center reported BD running and up to date. It seems that it took toggling real-time protection for Windows Action Center to detect the change in BD status.

Here is a current screen shot of my Windows Action Center:

post-35640-1304980658_thumb.jpg

Try it and let us know if it resolved the problem.

Regards,