Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

3 Pc Copy Will Not Install

Installed a 2 year 3 PC Internet 2011 on my main computer today. [ After uninstalling 2009] It Almost went smooth, but would not update, no matter what I tried. After doing an extensive search on the forums I found the "update patch" and installed it. Computer #1 is finally good to go.

On to computer #2. Same copy, [ uninstalled 2009 on this one also] Installed it, It went pretty smooth, until...... I hit the register button. Here is the following error message:

" License key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key."

Now, I am not a newbie here, as my 2009 copy was also "2 yeaqr 3 PC".

I need help ASAP as both my computers have heavy internet usage, and I can't go without an anti-virus.

I don't know how to "snapshot" my computer, so I explained in detail.

If I can't resolve this quickly, I will need a refund so I can move on to another antivirus.

HELP!

Comments

• Installed a 2 year 3 PC Internet 2011 on my main computer today. [ After uninstalling 2009] It Almost went smooth, but would not update, no matter what I tried. After doing an extensive search on the forums I found the "update patch" and installed it. Computer #1 is finally good to go.

On to computer #2. Same copy, [ uninstalled 2009 on this one also] Installed it, It went pretty smooth, until...... I hit the register button. Here is the following error message:

" License key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key."

Now, I am not a newbie here, as my 2009 copy was also "2 yeaqr 3 PC".

I need help ASAP as both my computers have heavy internet usage, and I can't go without an anti-virus.

I don't know how to "snapshot" my computer, so I explained in detail.

If I can't resolve this quickly, I will need a refund so I can move on to another antivirus.

HELP!

I'm back!

Went forward with the install by clicking "next" and it installed OK even tho I got that error message.

Hope this helps someone,

Thanks!

• Hello again,

You receive the message '" License key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key."' when you upgrade from an older version to a newer one and you use the same registration details (license key and email) and the old information were not removed in the process of upgrading.

I understand from your post that you install successfully ? If you need any further assistance feel free to post at any time in the category associated with the type of issue you encounter.

Best regards,

• Hello again,

You receive the message '" License key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key."' when you upgrade from an older version to a newer one and you use the same registration details (license key and email) and the old information were not removed in the process of upgrading.

I understand from your post that you install successfully ? If you need any further assistance feel free to post at any time in the category associated with the type of issue you encounter.

Best regards,

Perhaps I did not explain clearly, but I used the bit defender uninstall tool on both computers, so there should not have been any left over info on the machines. I used a cd for the install, so no download issues. I used the same email address on the first computer [ with new key] and it accepted it . The problem I had with #1 computer is that it would not update at all, no matter what I did. I finally found a post with a reply from you with the " Update patch" that worked. Computer #2 gave me the key error, but I installed it anyway. I was told in a separate email that during the update process it validates the key. I'm realy lucky the "update" issue did not affect computer#2, otherwise the second install would not have worked, period. Now I'm wondering if I have to do a re-install for whatever reason [ on either computer] Is this going to get realy complicated? I have a friend who use to use BD who also had a multiple pc edition who had issues with re-installs on the same computers. He finally switched to another anti virus because of the headaches. I chose to stick with BD because I like it. They just need to iron out some of the bugs, and make repair/update files easier to access, instead of spendind so much time hunting them down.

Cheers

• Hi blu2th,

Before we provide you with a solution for the update issue you have, I need to see what exactly is happening when you try to perform it. Open BitDefender, click Options in the upper-right corner of the window and choose Expert View, click on OK, then go to the Update module and click on the Update now button, observe what happens take a screenshot of it. Send me a PM with it.

Regarding the message 'License key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key', you received it because you entered the key twice, or our software remembered the key from the previous installation. In BitDefender -> Expert View -> Registration you can see it.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your

keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At

this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's

clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint

program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs >

Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send by e-mail)

and attach it to the reply to this email.

Have a good day!

• Hi blu2th,

Before we provide you with a solution for the update issue you have, I need to see what exactly is happening when you try to perform it. Open BitDefender, click Options in the upper-right corner of the window and choose Expert View, click on OK, then go to the Update module and click on the Update now button, observe what happens take a screenshot of it. Send me a PM with it.

Regarding the message 'License key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key', you received it because you entered the key twice, or our software remembered the key from the previous installation. In BitDefender -> Expert View -> Registration you can see it.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your

keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At

this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's

clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint

program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs >

Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send by e-mail)

and attach it to the reply to this email.

Have a good day!

Hi,

In post #4 I indicated that since the second install didn't have an " update" issue Like computer #1 did, it validated the key. I recieved an email telling me that "updating" at install does this. So both computers seem to be running BD OK.

My bigger concern now is why should I have any problem installing more than once, If my copy is a valid "3 PC 2 year edtion"? There should be something in the key that registration recognizes as a multiple computer edition, don't you think? What happens now if I have to reformat the hardrive? Like I said, the bugs need to be ironed out. I didn't have this issue with the 3 pc 2009 edition.

cheers

• Hey,

The reinstall procedure is a simple one - at least that is my opinion - and it consist of few steps:

1. Download the uninstall tool ;

2. When saved, if you are using Windows 7/Vista right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator";

3. Proceed with the uninstall and wait to be asked to restart the PC;

4. Restart it in Safe Mode;

5. Perform a registry clean-up using a free registry cleaners such as CCleaner or Argente then restart the PC in normal mode;

6. Use the CD to install BitDefender and make the updates at the end of the installation process;

NOTE: you may need to update BitDefender more than a single time followed by a PC restart each time *mandatory*

If you follow the exact steps above, this shouldn't take more than 10 minutes of your time for a complete reinstall of BitDefender.

If you have any further queries I will be more than happy to assist you further!

Yours,

• Hey,

The reinstall procedure is a simple one - at least that is my opinion - and it consist of few steps:

1. Download the uninstall tool ;

2. When saved, if you are using Windows 7/Vista right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator";

3. Proceed with the uninstall and wait to be asked to restart the PC;

4. Restart it in Safe Mode;

5. Perform a registry clean-up using a free registry cleaners such as CCleaner or Argente then restart the PC in normal mode;

6. Use the CD to install BitDefender and make the updates at the end of the installation process;

NOTE: you may need to update BitDefender more than a single time followed by a PC restart each time *mandatory*

If you follow the exact steps above, this shouldn't take more than 10 minutes of your time for a complete reinstall of BitDefender.

If you have any further queries I will be more than happy to assist you further!

Yours,

OK,

If I have to format the hardrive, and/or do a fresh install,

I should have no red flags from BD saying the the key I entered is already being used, correct?

Meaning, BD recognizes the key as mine with the correct registration information.

This is my concern now.

Thank you

• Hello,

Yes, that should be the normal outcome of a fresh installation on a new PC. However, please keep in mind that some computers will provide a security solution and the possibility to install it with a certain driver or application. Make sure that you do not install any of these security software when you reinstall the OS and the drivers for your PC.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!