How To Delete *.old Files In Bdis 2011

When cleaning up windows "junk" files...I am getting a message that these files are "being used by Windows" ?

http://members.cox.net/trinaz/BD-oldfiles.jpg

Is there a way to delete these xx*.old files from my system ?

Thanks...Tim

Comments

• Yes, if you "must" delete start Windows in Safe Mode the delete those files manualy. When you restart PC keep pressing F8 untill you dont get Safe Mode option!

I dont recomend that because like you say, these files are "being used by Windows", but its your choice ofcourse!

Hope I help

Luka

• Hi TiminAz,

Yesterday we launched an update and the old files should disappear after a system restart. At the moment we are investigating into this and when we will have an answer, we will post it here . If you want, as Luka2 mentioned, you can delete them in Safe Mode. This is not possible in Normal Mode due to the self protection function.

Thank you!

• Hi all,

As I promised, I come with an answer for the TiminAz's question. This is the normal behaviour for the Install folder: the currently used files are renamed to '.old', the new files take the place of the previous files and this way, the update will not require a restart. The '.old' files will not be deleted as they might be used for a rollback. When a cleaner software founds such files, I do not recommend you to delete them.

Thank you!