Windows Errors After Installation Bitdefender

Dear,

After the installation of "BitDefender Internet Security 2011". the laptop of a friend started to throw errors in Windows.

(actually: on 2 laptops he had a 3 laptop license 1 year)

The laptop is a Windows 7 (dutch language) with SP1 recently installed.

The installation itself was succesful. but after reboot the computer started giving errors:

-when you download a file from the internet or made a copy command (copy paste a local file) the message "No more files" appeared (in dutch: 'er zijn geen bestanden meer'.)

In the windows log files there where no related error or warning messages present.

I deïnstalled the product and the computer worked fine;

is this a know issue? (Maybe incompatibility with dutch SP1) Can we still use Bitdefender after a patch, and where can I find such a patch.

any information is appreciated.

Comments

• Hoi,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic. Also, if possible, please make a screenshot after any error message you may receive (even if the message is in Dutch, I am speaking it so it won't be a problem with the translation).

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Hoi,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic. Also, if possible, please make a screenshot after any error message you may receive (even if the message is in Dutch, I am speaking it so it won't be a problem with the translation).

Kind regards,

Hello

after following these steps Bitdefender is disabled and doesn't recognize the account.

you can't use bitdefender until the options we had to uncheck get cheked again.

There are no error messages this time though.

greetings

Jo

• Hello Jo,

I truly can't understand your last post. You used the Suport Tool then BitDefender is disabled ? Kindly reproduce the steps you took. Also please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just attach it to the reply email and send it to us.

Next please go to:

C:\Windows\Minidump

and put all files listed in the folder in an archive using WinRAR or WinZIP. If the archive is too big, upload it on a file sharing server of your choice (such as http://www.sendspace.com or http://www.mediafire.com) and send me the download link by email.

Last but not least, since you have created this topic on behalf of a friend, I strongly recommend him/her to contact us directly as we may need some info that are considered private and not to be shared with anyone.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

the steps you are refering to in the article explained me this:

1. Open BitDefender Security Center

2. Switch to Expert View from the Options button

3. Click on the Update module

4. Go to Settings

5. Uncheck the following boxes:

- Enable update sharing (P2P)

- Upload BitDefender files from this PC

6. Click on Apply

7. Test to see if the issue still occur.

but I looked a little bit further down the topic and I noted this:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

So I guess I had to follow that guide...

I'll try to do that... I'll keep you informed.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.