Bitdefender 2011 Crash

Hello,

I have purchased BD 2011 Total Security and tried to install it.

This is what happened.

Date: May 16. 2011

System: Windows Vista Home Preminum 32 bit

[1] Uninstalled BD 2009 Internet Security - OK

[2] Installed BD 2011 Total Security - OK (Registration worked too)

[3] BD worked without any problems

[4] BD prompted me to update.

[5] Update process looked fine to me. After updating, it prompted me to reboot the machine. I did.

[6] BD service was crashed with the error. The BD icon became grayed out.

Error:

"Bitdefender encountered problems while processing files below: C:\Windows\TEMP\bdxxxx.tmp"

The file name was changing whenever I tried to run BD.

[7] Uninstalled BD 2011

[8] Reinstalled BD 2011 - Worked OK

[9] Performed updates

[10] The same error occurred.

What can be the problem? I do not want to use my computer without protection.

[11] I had to uninstall BD 2011 and reinstall it agian. I disabled the autoupdate and at least BD is working with old virus definitions.

If I cannot find the solution within several days, I have to use another software.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Peter.

Comments

• Peter, I think we may have a related problem. If I restart before the update - I don't encounter any issues otherwise I can't reboot in any mode other than safe mode. Although it is no consolation at least we know we're not alone on this. There seems to be plenty of other threads with fairly quick replies but I haven't had any response from my posts for the past couple of days......it does appear that tech support people do address questions on this forum so hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hello,

Be kindly informed that the issue you reported:

Error:

"Bitdefender encountered problems while processing files below: C:\Windows\TEMP\bdxxxx.tmp"

has been resolved and an update was released via the Automatic Update module of BitDefender. However, you will need to reinstall BitDefender. Make sure you use our uninstall tool from the link below then restart the PC. Use the final installation kit and proceed with the reinstall. If the issue still persist please let me know.

Click HERE to download BitDefender Uninstall Tool.

Click HERE to see the links for all BitDefender 2011 products available and choose the one you purchased according to your PC architecture (32-bits ; 64-bits).

IF you did not update at all after installation, simply update and let me know if the issue is now resolved.

Kind regards,