[resolved] Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 - Bsod

I have just got a new PC and installed Microsoft Windows 7 OEM Home Premium 64Bit (standard install). I have run the Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 .exe twice and both time it installs fine but then I get a BSOD 3 seconds into the initial scan. This is a clean PC and has all the Microsoft recommended updates and drivers.

Core System Spec's:

i5 2500

Gigabyte P67X-UD3 B3

Intel 320 80GB SSD (OS drive)

Corsair 8GB RAM

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? It's very frustrating as I want to continue installing the rest of my programs but this is holding me up.

Comments

• Hello,

You mean you get a BSOD at the scan during the installation when it search for other security solutions installed on the PC ? Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

• PM sent but I forgot to link this post, now it won't let me send another PM :(

• Hello,

Finished the analysis of the logs you've sent me. I have noticed that you have installed on the PC Easy Tune 6 B11.0309.1.

Please uninstall it then use the uninstall tool to remove any traces from the previous installation attempt then restart the PC (WAIT to be asked to reboot when then uninstall process is complete !).

BitDefender Uninstall tool:

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

As you are using Windows 7 I also have the following recommendation:

- after you save the uninstall tool right click on it and select "Run as Administrator";

- you should also install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1;

Please let me know if the issue is now resolved.

• Thanks Daniel,

I followed the above and have now successfully installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2011.

This is now resolved.

• Thank you for posting back that your issue has been resolved. :)

This topic will be closed. Please feel free to start a new topic if you have the need,

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.