Installation Of Totalsecurity 2011 Terminates After Inserting License Key

Hi

To days ago I purchased the latest version of BitDefender Total Security 2011 (3 PCs, 2 years) via Amazon Download, but since then I fail to install it.

Have read already some topics in the forum, but the listed problems seems to be of a different nature.

My problem:

I start the installation (laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) Windows Firewall and Defender are turned off, current AV software as well)

License agreement = ok

Then comes the quick scan = ok

Trouble starts when I come to the page of entering the license ..

I enter the valid license, click on Registration .... The window closes, the installation aborts.

No error message, nothing, it just shuts down.

I downloaded the Bitdefender 64-bit version again from the resource here, but when I try to install, the exactly same thing happens again.

Entering the valid key, clicking "register", window closes, installation terminates

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

(I am German, so please be patience with my English)

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hello,

Please save the file below then right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". The tool will automatically generate a file on your Desktop.

Click here to download the tool

After the command prompt window is closed (the back window that appears when you run the tool), look on your Desktop for a file called "SetID.reg". Upload it HERE or HERE then send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT add the link in the topic as the file it contains your registration details with BitDefender.

I would like to remind you that we also have a German section of the Forum where you can ask for support in your native language. You can start a new topic if you like in THIS forum.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Malza
    edited May 2011

Thanks for the quick answer

File has been send to you via PM.

I am in contact with the bitdefender support over the bitdefender homepage as well, but I hope for quicker responses over the forum.

Btw, I have posted my question already in the german forum at the same time, which will hopefully double my chances to get help by posting my problem in two languages.

xx

• Hi Malza,

I've created a ticket with ID: 201105261009664 and sent instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter. Please let me know if the issue is now resolved or persist.

Kind regards,

• Will do, thanks

Hi Malza,

I've created a ticket with ID: 201105261009664 and sent instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter. Please let me know if the issue is now resolved or persist.

Kind regards,

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.