[resolved]Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 - No Internet Connection Message When Installing

Hello,

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my new PC and I tried to install BitDefender Internet Security 2011 64bit which I downloaded from

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/internet_security/final/en/x64/bitdefender_internet_security_2011_64b.exe

However during the installation process (I choose 30 days trial for testing purposes) a sign appeared advising me that

"Product activation with the license key and the BitDefender account you have provided failed because no internet connection has been detected".

FYI my internet connection is running without any problem.

Can I have a solution to this issue.

Mtks in advance.

Rgds

Comments

• Hello,

Please save the file below then right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". The tool will automatically generate a file on your Desktop.

Click here to download the tool

After the command prompt window is closed (the back window that appears when you run the tool), look on your Desktop for a file called "SetID.reg". Upload it HERE or HERE then send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT add the link in the topic as the file it contains your registration details with BitDefender.

Last but not least please follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello DanyDan,

Thanks a lot for the nice export registry hive tool.

I have downloaded and run it.

After analizing the extracted information I could conclude that in said registry hive BitDefender registration data is stored.

Then I simply deleted the registry entries at stake after changing their permissions to do so, I mean:

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\SetId]

and

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\SetId\Internal]

and proceeded to reinstall BitDefender Internet Security 2011 in 30 days trial mode without any problem.

Once againt thanks a lot for your response and tool.

Rgds

• Hi John,

The purpose of that tool was to export the registry entry so I can analyze it :) I am glad that you resolved the issue on your own, however, I won't be able to provide a fast and accurate answer if it happens again. That is why I wanted to take a look on that exported .reg file.

I will consider the case resolved and the topic closed. If you have any further queries create a new topic in the appropriate Forum category and you'll have my answer ASAP.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.