[resolved] Bd Internet Security 2011 Ssd Vertex Incompatible?

Hi,

Two weeks ago, I renewed my licence of BDIS 2009 toward BDIS 2011 on my

desktop (K10, 4 Gig Ram,Win XP 32 bits, SSD Vertex Turbo, Ethernet Nvidia + Marvel)

laptop (Core2 duo, 4 Gig Ram, Win XP 32 bits, SSD Vertex, Ethernet Intel Pro Wireless).

Since then, the product that I used for years with pleasure is giving me serious headaches as it is not possible to get into Windows (except in safe mode) after the second or third reboot even if the product is well installed and working fine just before the lock down situation to occur!

The same issue is occurring on both platforms (laptop and desktop). The common point on these two is the SSD (and maybe others HD software’s installed).

I uninstalled and reinstalled countless ( + 20 ) times (Yes with clean removal using the BD_uninstall_tool) on both computers. There is no other antivirus suite installed. I tried to boot with a lot of different combo of services/network adapter/modules activated or deactivated with no result : BD Internet Security 2011 is bricking my computers all the time!

Initially, I was putting the C:\temp folder on the Ram drive that was deleted at each reboot. But I switch this back to the SSD for insuring persistence of any install file.

Same remark about the Internet temp files. No better success in the Windows logging as long as BD Internet Security is installed.

But when I uninstall BDIS2011, then all is ok for Windows logging, except that I have no antivirus ...

Can you please let me know what logs you need to troubleshoot this (sysdump, support tool extract while I am before the third reboot, autorun, ntbtlog.txt, ... others) ?

I am slowly loosing confidence in the product.

Laere.

Comments

• Hello,

Please start your PC in Safe Mode with networking in order to be able to boot and also have Internet access and follow the steps below:

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking" in the text menu and press "Enter"

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

a) Please go to this page http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just attach it to the reply email and send it to us.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

• Hi,

I am trying to upload the file (zipped to stay below 3 meg) with the built in app below, but it doesn't work (not in IE 8, nor in Chrome!).

The "manage current attachmens"t is still at 0.

Any suggestion?

Regards

Laere

• Hi,

I am trying to upload the file (zipped to stay below 3 meg) with the built in app below, but it doesn't work (not in IE 8, nor in Chrome!).

The "manage current attachmens"t is still at 0.

Any suggestion?

Regards

Laere

As you discovered, ZIP file types cannot be uploaded directly to this forum. Instead, upload the file to a FREE file sharing website like sendspace. Then, send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

Regards,

• Hi Nikki605,

I just sent a PM to DanyDan with the enclosed sendspace link to the autorun extract file.

Laere.

• Great. DanyDan will respond as soon as he has had an opportunity to evaluate the files. :)

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited June 2011

Hi,

I have created the ticket ID: 201106061010231. Please send us the requested log file. I have also sent you a PM with details on how to continue troubleshooting.

Best regards,

• Hi,

I have created the ticket ID: 201106061010231. Please send us the requested log file. I have also sent you a PM with details on how to continue troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Hi Daniel,

1) Please confirm you received the "autorun in F8" file and the related PM I sent to you?

2) In your PM you stated : "I would first recommend you to troubleshoot the issue with a colleague of mine, from the Malware team. I have created the ticket ID: 201106061010231."

What do you want me to do now? The pc and laptop were both scanned in depth while the BDIS 2011 was installed (prior the lock down situation to occur).

Regards

Laere

• Unknown
    edited June 2011

Hi,

My apologies. Please reply to my PM and let me know when we can schedule a remote session on either of the two affected PCs.

Kind regards,

• Hi,

My apologies. Please reply to my PM and let me know when we can schedule a remote session on either of the two affected PCs.

Kind regards,

Hi,

Problem solved on both pc with the help of Danydan.

Bitdefender is fine with the SSD.

The issues were some Kaspersky left over (even with their removal tool!) and the Acronis Disk suite software (good one but conflicting with BDIS install here).

Removed both soft, some registry cleaning and then the BDIS 2011 install went like a charm. I am still using Bitdefender.

Case close.

Merci beaucoup Daniel.

Laere.

• Thank you for posting back that your issue has been resolved with DanyDan's help. :)

Please feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any other issues.

Topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.