[resolved]Internal Error Code 2753 After Installation Proceeds

Greetings:

When I try to finish installing my Bitdefender Anti-Virus Pro 2011, I get the following error message:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.

This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753."

I do not know how to fix this, and I tried the following article too:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5047270_fix-internal-error.html

After searching on Google, there are no good answers. Does anyone know of something else that has worked for you to fix this issue? I attached a picture of the screen.

Thanks!

Adam Dastmalchi

post-64395-1307966005_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello and welcome on our forums!

The MSI error code 2753 is the code for "The File '<file name>' is not marked for installation.". This error can be triggered by many scenarios, but usually, it has to do with the actual installation ****** not properly checking for the existence/non-existence of an installation file and then not marking it for either installation/removal.

Please provide me with the following information:

- what OS (Windows) are you using;

- have you used a previous version of BitDefender;

- are you trying to install for the very first time;

- the name of the file used for installation;

- a sysdump log;

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello and welcome on our forums!

The MSI error code 2753 is the code for "The File '<file name>' is not marked for installation.". This error can be triggered by many scenarios, but usually, it has to do with the actual installation ****** not properly checking for the existence/non-existence of an installation file and then not marking it for either installation/removal.

Please provide me with the following information:

- what OS (Windows) are you using;

- have you used a previous version of BitDefender;

- are you trying to install for the very first time;

- the name of the file used for installation;

- a sysdump log;

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

Never mind. I used the Uninstall tool, and Bitdefender re-installed with no problems.

AD

• Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us anytime!

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.