Bd 2011 No Internet Connection For Registration/updates

Removed McAfee Total Protection 2011 though control panel and their removal tools found on this forum.

I purchased from BD website & Installed BD Internet Security last night BUT I had to resort to the trial as it woudl not find my internet connectino for any of the purposes it needs them. I also had to use the full download link found also on this forum as the exe loaded could not find the connection either.

I am able to do email and web surfing fine it is ONLY the BD product update/validation/registration that can't find the internet.

Dell Precision Laptop XP SP3

Thank you,

Russ

Comments

• Hi Russ,

Please provide me with the support tool logs as explained below and also with a screenshot showing the error you receive when you try to register / activate BitDefender.

[how to create SupportTool log file]

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.