Some Problems I Have

Hello, I want to mention some problems I have with the product Bitdefender Total Security 2012.

Previously I downloaded on 27 July a version of it from http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ity/2012/en-us/ and had some bugs with it like Autopilot button not working(when I disable it turns on automatically, high ping on www.speedtest.net, cannot activate Yahoo messenger encription).

Now I've downloaded the official version of it from www.bitdefender.co.uk and I have the same issue that I had with it in Beta Stage. The problem is that when I install the product the CPU temperature is increasing to 80 degrees just like that. This problem was not present in the version I downloaded on 27 July, only in the beta versions, how is that possible?

The bug with the Yahoo messenger encription keep turning off is still presentm and still the high ping on www.speedtest.net ...

Comments

• I don't have this problems except the encryption one. For that it's going to be a fix soon.

• allexif
    edited July 2011

I don't know what it is but since the BitDefender Services starts the cooler RPM goes up and the temperature sticks at 80 degrees, normally with other antivirus software it stays somewere at 70-75 on idle (with the version I downloaded on 27 July before the official release was running fine too) ... I really want to see that BitDefender is a great security product because I'm from Romania and I want to be proud using it, hope that tech support helps me here...

• qlimax1975
    edited July 2011

What? Do you have 70-75 degrees on idle? U have a problem for sure. Mine its a quad core and its stays on 29 degrees on idle at 25 to 30 in the room, and 45 to 50 degrees max on 60 to 70 procent usage. So u better look on other than bitdefender here. Just an advice.

• allexif
    edited July 2011
    What? Do you have 70-75 degrees on idle? U have a problem for sure. Mine its a quad core and its stays on 29 degrees on idle at 25 to 30 in the room, and 45 to 50 degrees max on 60 to 70 procent usage. So u better look on other than bitdefender here. Just an advice.

It is a laptop with AMD TURION processor, is usually heating up higher than Intel's. As I said only with BitDefender installed happens. If I click to uninstall BitDefender once the service is uninstalled(off) the temperature is back to normal, is definetely from BitDefender...

• Same here, cant turn off autopilot

• allexif
    edited July 2011
    Same here, cant turn off autopilot

The autopilot works for me with the official released version from www.bitdefender.co.uk, doesn't work with the version I installed before from the other link, you can look in my first post... Something is wrong it it's heating up the processor and the motherboard too!

And the ping is high even if I disable the Antivirus and Firewall modules...

• Selo
    edited July 2011

I'll try that version. And i wonder something, is your CPU running %100 ?

• I'll try that version. And i wonder something, is your CPU running %100 ?

no, it oscilates from 4 to 36 sometimes even more...never stays still like usual ...

• no, it oscilates from 4 to 36 sometimes even more...never stays still like usual ...

Same problem here. I cant turn off the Auto-Pilot. :(

• Same problem here. I cant turn off the Auto-Pilot on Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 :(

• The autopilot works for me with the official released version from www.bitdefender.co.uk, doesn't work with the version I installed before from the other link, you can look in my first post... Something is wrong it it's heating up the processor and the motherboard too!

And the ping is high even if I disable the Antivirus and Firewall modules...

I have the ping high too(I`ve opened one Topic in Firewall section)

• guys, update to the new build (15.0.27.312). the dev has fixed the autopilot button. However, some other problems still exist.

• High ping still persists, internet is slowing down and NO! you still cannot turn off auto-pilot in 15.0.27.312 It just seems to be turned off but you do not get any pop-up. I wonder if will i ever see a BD product that is bug free :(

• High ping still persists, internet is slowing down and NO! you still cannot turn off auto-pilot in 15.0.27.312 It just seems to be turned off but you do not get any pop-up. I wonder if will i ever see a BD product that is bug free :(

I don't know why is not working for you. The autopilot works good, no problems with Office 2010, except the high ping problem(slowing internet connection) , try using their uninstalling tool, restart and then install it again and see if it works. Be sure to uninstall any other security products.

When you switch the Auto Pilot on/off, there is no pop-up, it only change the icon on the taskbar.

• Duradel
    edited July 2011
    I don't know why is not working for you. The autopilot works good, no problems with Office 2010, except the high ping problem(slowing internet connection) , try using their uninstalling tool, restart and then install it again and see if it works. Be sure to uninstall any other security products.

Did you have Total Security 2012 or just the AV version of BD? I am trying to work out if that problem was caused by the firewall.

• Did you have Total Security 2012 or just the AV version of BD? I am trying to work out if that problem was caused by the firewall.

I tried both IS and TS, with both the same...

• When you switch the Auto Pilot on/off, there is no pop-up, it only change the icon on the taskbar.

When i switch the autopilot off, it is supposed to let me make the decisions. That's what i meant "There is no pop up" I download a virus, BD deletes it (doesn't ask me), all applications connect to the internet and it doesn't ask me. Autopilot, which is supposed to be off, makes these decisions.

• Who wants to talk to bitdefender tech support live I found this link, click on CHAT :P:

BitDefender Live Chat

• Selo
    edited July 2011

I removed BD, couldn't stand slow internet anymore. Hope they release a new version soon.

• Hi

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a nice day.