Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Upgrade From 2011 To 2012

Options

I had received a BitDefender License for AV 2011 Pro from my company,but I had chosen not to activate it as I had some problems with another system which didn't respond well to AV 2011.

Now that BitDefender 2012 is out,can I use the 2011 key to upgrade to BitDefender AV 2012 Plus? If so,do I first have to install the 2011 version before upgrading to 2012,or can I directly use the 2012 installer and use the same key?

Thanks for the help and support.

Comments

• Math_Matei
    Options
    I had received a BitDefender License for AV 2011 Pro from my company,but I had chosen not to activate it as I had some problems with another system which didn't respond well to AV 2011.

Now that BitDefender 2012 is out,can I use the 2011 key to upgrade to BitDefender AV 2012 Plus? If so,do I first have to install the 2011 version before upgrading to 2012,or can I directly use the 2012 installer and use the same key?

Thanks for the help and support.

You can install directly - BitDefender Antivirus 2012,from here, using your key from the 2010 version.

Success!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• pawel
    Options

Hi,when I try to install BDIS2012 a message pops-up:'Bitdefender 2012 cannot be installed on your operating system'.

I have XP SP3, 32 bits;1G RAM; Intel Core 2 Duo; 1.66GHz - so meets the requirements I believe. I downloaded installer from this location: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_isecurity.exe

Have tried three times and always the same message appears.

Has somebody encountered similar problem and could help maybe?

Thanks,

• Hello Pawel,

Do you have any other security solutions installed on the same PC ? Have you used a previous version of BitDefender before trying to install 2012 ?

Please provide me with a screenshot of the error you receive along with the log generated as explained in the email I've sent you.

Regards,

• lnt
    Options
    Hello Pawel,

Do you have any other security solutions installed on the same PC ? Have you used a previous version of BitDefender before trying to install 2012 ?

Please provide me with a screenshot of the error you receive along with the log generated as explained in the email I've sent you.

Regards,

Bit require more than 1GB ram

• pawel
    Options

I use BDIS2 011 now. I uninstalled it using BD uninstall tool before installing 2012 version. No other security software installed. According to BD system requirements info 1G ram is OK for BD2012. Screenshot sent by PM. As to the log - I haven't received any email from you.

regards

• Math_Matei
    edited August 2011
    Options

Please, after you uninstall Bitdefender 2011, using the uninstall tool, and you restart the PC, install this program and then open it.

You will see the left tab "Registry."

Select it and then select "Scan for issues"

You see it will find many traces of uninstall BitDefender 2011.

Solve problems with that program and restart the PC again.

If you not have any other security solution would be to install a successful 2012 version.

Regards,

• pawel
    Options

Hi Gini,

I don't think this is the point. I did it before (i.e. used CCleaner and solved registry problems) and it didn't work either. Is it possible that BDIS2012 rquires more than 1G ram as Int suggested?

Thank you,

• Math_Matei
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hi Gini,

I don't think this is the point. I did it before (i.e. used CCleaner and solved registry problems) and it didn't work either. Is it possible that BDIS2012 rquires more than 1G ram as Int suggested?

Thank you,

Hmmm .... honestly do not think PC's memory, preventing you to install .... 1Gb is minimal, but should not prevent the correct installation

Hi Gini,

Thank you,

Minimal system requirements:

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) , Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1)

CPU: 800MHz processor

Memory (RAM):

1 GB

Available free hard disk space: 1.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)

Recommended system requirements:

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1)

CPU: Intel CORE Duo (1.66 GHz) or equivalent processor

Memory (RAM):

1 GB (Microsoft Windows XP)

1.5 GB (Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7)

Available free hard disk space: 2.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on system drive)

• Hi Pawel,

Your ticket ID is: 201108061004446. Please send me the requested log file so we can troubleshoot and find what is preventing you from installing BitDefender 2012.

Kind regards,

• pawel
    Options

Hi,

I sent all the required stuff on the 6th already and there's been no feedback from BD since then.. Any info, please?

Regards

pawel

• Hello,

I have analyzed the logs you sent and noticed that you currently have BitDefender 2011 installed. Use the uninstall tool from the link below, restart the PC when the uninstall is complete and you are asked to then try to install BitDefender by saving the kit below.

Uninstall tool:

http://www.BitDefender.com/uninstall

- make sure you right click on the file and run it using the command "Run as Administrator" - for Windows Vista/Windows 7 ONLY.

BitDefender Internet Security installation kit:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_isecurity.exe

If you encounter an error message while trying to above steps please post it here.

Regards,

• pawel
    Options

This is not the reason I am afraid. I simply installed BD2011 again when I failed to install BD2012, that's why you can see it in my log file.

• pawel
    Options

So I have made all these steps again: uninstalled an old version and tried to install the new one and there is still the same message: BD2012 cannot be installed on your operating system.

I don't think I am doing anything wrong as I used to install BD since 2009 version and have already certain experience I believe.

It must have been smth wrong with your file or my XP.

Please try to look into this again.

• Hello,

I would like to remotely connect to your PC to troubleshoot the issue. I have sent you the details via PM. Please reply with the requested info.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,