Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Bitdefender 2012 Video Delay

Options

Hi!

Since BitDefender installation,when I want to see some flash anymation (Youtube for example),Flash player takes about 10 seconds to work propely,the first seconds is blocked and I can´t do anything with flash animation (pause,volume...)

Regards!

Comments

• Rusx
    edited August 2011
    Options

I have the same problem with flash videos (ex: youtube). When i uninstalled the product everything worked fine, so the problem it`s 100% bitdefender 2012..please try to fix this annoying bug. :rolleyes:

Thank you, bitdefender team

Rusx !

• Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Is there any solution?

Yours,

Tom

• Moved to the General forum since it is uncertain which module may be at issue.

Regards,

• Hello,

Please disable the following settings, one at a time, to see which module is causing the issue you encounter:

- disable Antifraud protection from Privacy Control;

- disable Anti phishing protection from Privacy Control;

- disable "Auto Scan" from Antivirus;

- disable AVC from Antivirus;

- disable IDS from Firewall;

Do you have Paranoid mode enabled under Firewall >>> Advanced ?

Also make sure you have the latest Flash player addon by visiting the Adobe website.

Regards,

• Heilmann
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi DanyDan,

thanks for your help, the problem is caused by the AVC, after turning it off every thing works fine.

btw. I also had this problem on my laptop, but it was not only the flash player. Maybe you know Steam, when I was chatting I've got the same 5 sec delay.

Yours,

Tom

• Same issue on Youtube, effecting both computers and of course, it stopped when I recently uninstalled 2012.

Waay too buggy, real shock to the system after the solid reliability of 2011

• darthwilson
    edited August 2011
    Options

Getting this issue as well... Any flash content starts in a frozen state then it will play.. throughout the video it will freeze and play.. only started happening when I bought BitDefender AntiVirus Pro 2012... very annoying.. please fix asap so I can watch any means of flash..

Happens on flash in all browsers by the way!

• Getting this issue as well... Any flash content starts in a frozen state then it will play.. throughout the video it will freeze and play.. only started happening when I bought BitDefender AntiVirus Pro 2012... very annoying.. please fix asap so I can watch any means of flash..

Happens on flash in all browsers by the way!

I confirm this too, please fix it!

• Bump! please fix! should have renewed my antivirus with Kaspersky instead of bitdefender... =(

• Hi DanyDan,

thanks for your help, the problem is caused by the AVC, after turning it off every thing works fine.

btw. I also had this problem on my laptop, but it was not only the flash player. Maybe you know Steam, when I was chatting I've got the same 5 sec delay.

Yours,

Tom

I would like to add to this.

For my computer, after I turn it off everything works fine, and it still works fine when I turn it back on again.

• Sorry, and to add to my previous comments, eventhough on Privacy the "Show Bitdefender Toolbar" is still on. After turning the AVC off and on. The "clip" to open the toolbar is gone from youtube page, where before turning off, the toolbar shows on the youtube page.

• is AVC part of the bitdefender total security or just antivirus?

Thing is, why should I risk my computer safety because they can't fix simple issues.. Should have kept 2011 on! Anybody have a download link for it until this massive screwup is sorted?

• nikki605
    edited August 2011
    Options
    is AVC part of the bitdefender total security or just antivirus?

Yes. AVC (Active Virus Control) is an integral module in all 3 BD products.

Anybody have a download link for it until this massive screwup is sorted?

If you had looked you would have found all the BD 2011 direct download links are right where they have always been, in the BD 2011 sub-forum in this pinned topic.

Regards,

• Hi¡

I have solved the problem unintalling bitdefender and install the spanish version,it seems that the issue is repairedin the spanish version.

I hope you can solve the bug in the english version :)

• Makarboy
    edited August 2011
    Options

I have spanish version, and at least with google chrome there is still a delay in the first 10 seconds of a youtube video

• mitza97
    Options

Same delay here on Youtube...flash last version. BDIS 2012

• I have the same problem. -_-

• I've reverted back to 2011 and flash is working fine again.. Hopefully it will be fixed soon..

• I've reverted back to 2011 and flash is working fine again.. Hopefully it will be fixed soon..

Pull 2012 from market place or even better reply to us, your customers stating there is a known bug and that you expect to have it fixed in xx days, weeks or months.

Guys I'm not sure if you had a staffing change since last year but seriously, here in Australia people would start comparing your service with Telstra.

Video lag = Annoying

Blocking installation of Video games from both Electronic Arts and Blizzard entertainment = useless gaming computer(s). (this is the same on both my computer and my partners)

Having to put computer into safe mode to install a game... on a 27" screen equals painful and I'm sure you could imagine the resolution issues.

• Sorry I don't want this to be a war upon you guys.. In all fairness I love bit defender and have been using their anti virus for several years now and probably won't switch.. Just annoying when flash doesn't work well since a quarter of web pages use it.. I can't wait to put 2012 back, especially for the super friendly interface etc...

• gid2525
    edited August 2011
    Options

same for me extremely irritating lag on youtube. The video lags and making ajustments (like to the volume menu in flash) causes an hourglass and it freezes for several seconds. WinXP SP3 all up to date. Firefox 5. Absolutely ridiculous! Fix it already! Btw, the lag disappears when I disable AVC.

• Makarboy
    edited August 2011
    Options

I think that the delay is more annoying in google chrome than in firefox. Because in google chrome is not only the first 5 seconds, this delay is all the time, the image freezes every 2 or 3 minutes watching videos, not only from youtube, all the videos wich uses flash player and everytime you want to set the volume also the image freezes.

• Oh, I've got the video freeze issue on YouTube volume control too, I never imagined it could be caused by BDAV 2012. I am uninstalling it right now to double-check if BDAV 2012 is responsible for it.

• Chimel
    edited September 2011
    Options

OK, just uninstalled BDAV 2012 and I didn't even have to reboot to confirm that the YouTube video freeze when using the volume control slider is indeed caused by BDAV 2012. So is the delay on flash video playback or when downloading files.

I am usually a strong proponent of always using the latest version of any software, as it usually reduces security risk, improves performance and provides better functionality, and I tried my best to work around these issues for a whole month, but I am now giving up on BDAV 2012 which seems to break all three points above.

I am switching back to BDAV 2011, and will not consider installing BDAV 2012 unless all these bugs are resolved:

- Reestablish the daily and weekly scheduled scans as in BDAV 2011 (worst regression ever!)

- Keep the browser toolbar disabled after each reboot when it is disabled in the settings

- Do not add HTML/CSS code to any tab or web page in the browsers when the toolbar is disabled

- Flawless and smooth playback of Flash videos

- No delay on file downloads either

I can live with the smaller bugs such as the license key being displayed to all, but the 5 bugs above are critical.

I will seriously consider dropping Bitdefender altogether after my license expires if any of these 5 issues is not fixed, because it shows that the Bitdefender team has done absolutely no testing on typical user scenarios, or worse, that they consider these as minor irritations that tens of thousands of users and enterprises can live with or get used to (as the testers did) after the first days.

Sorry Dany, I was about to enter some feature requests about the help and documentation of BDAV 2012, I won't anymore since I don't use the product anymore.

Edit: My Internet connection is back! I forgot how fast it used to be before BDAV 2012, which made it so sluggish.

• Thanks Dan for the suggestions. Like others it was AVC that was causing my lag in video.

All better now. Wonder why people don't actually read other posts before ragging on your product.

The only problem I see now is :

The constant updates? Why? :)

I want to enable my registry control like I did in 2011 so nothing can write too it w/out permission. Guess I'll go check the forums.

• @Oldtyme Well if we have to disable everything that's enabled by default, that's hardly a solution.

And AVC should work fine without disturbing sites that top 1 billion downloads every day such as YouTube.

I'm pretty sure AVC was disabled in my installation, I disabled pretty much everything in the hope that it would keep the toolbar disabled, to no avail. I uninstalled BDAV 2012 so I can't confirm. Does disabling AVC solve the YouTube volume control bug too?

• Hello,

I've escalated the issue to the Dev. Team and should have a fix soon. You can find below the tickets ID for each of you reporting this issue. Please send us the requested log files.

Matabufalez: 201109021000789

Heilmann: 201109021001159

Raiden337: 201108201001781

Darthwilson: 201109021001472

Allexif: 201109021001638

EWY Tang: 201109021002206

Makarboy: 201109021002421

Mitza97: 201109021002529

Jogibaer: 201109021002553

Gid2525: 201109021002628

Chimel: 201109021002727

Oldtyme: 201109021002876

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue and the confirmation that the AVC is the culprit. I will further notify you via email and on this topic when the fix will be release.

Kind regards,