Cannot Uninstall Bitdefender

My problem is that I did add/remove for Eden Eternal and while it was removing that game, I noticed some files were also being removed from other programs. I stopped the A/R but those files are gone. I am assuming it also affected BitDefender Internet Security 2011. I want to remove BD but I cannot. Used Add/Remove in Control Panel and tried to remove from BD in my programs...cannot because the repair or remove cannot be ticked.

I am going to web page and see if I can run AV to see if my computer is infected but sure would like to know if I should just reinstall my OS & alll the programs that seem to be affected. So far I cannot run Word 2000, Works, Mozilla, Excel (not needed). I restored my computer back to before the Eden game was installed.

Dell E510; OS: MS WINXP SP3; 4G memory

I think I have a mess..but would like to try to remove & reinstall BitDefender Internet Security 2011 before I do a total reinstall. Do you think I should contact tech help?

BK

Comments

• I can only advise you on BD issues, not on any other problems with your PC.

1. To uninstall BD: download the BD Uninstall Tool and save it to your PC. Double-click on the saved file to run the uninstaller. Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot when prompted.

2. To re-install BD: download the BD product you are trying to install from the links in this topic and save it to your PC. Double-click on the saved file to run the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot when prompted.

3. Right-click on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and select Update now to download and install the latest program & virus updates.

Let us know if that resolves your problem with BD.

Regards,

• I have the BitDefender Internet Security 2011 CD to reinstall, I am hoping that will do instead of downloading.

I will try later today after I get my files saved. I am thinking I will have to do an install of OS because I cannot save my files to CD..can open the drives but not save....I realize you can only advise about B/D.

When I go into the Virus portion there is nothing there except "Virus Scan module is unavailable"..just an FYI.

Thanks for your help, will let you know if I get BD removed & reinstalled.

• Hello betikan,

Just out of curiosity, could you post some files that were removed and not belonging to that game? I believe this is rather a serious issue with that game's installer/uninstaller. If the problem is so serious, then you should drop a note to the game's developers.

Cris.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.