Punkbuster/battlefield 2142

I play a game called battlefield 2142 online on the internet. Ever since i downloaded the trial veriosn of BitDefender 2012 Antivirus Plus, I get kicked from servers within 30 seconds with the message notifying me of my kick by punkbuster for “Unknown Windows API Function 131133”. Can anyone help? I am certain its Bitdefender interference as i was on a norton antivirus trial before and there was no problem. Playing the game daily, as soon as i installed the trial of bitdefender the problem of kicking occurred.

Comments

• I play with punkbuster to battefiled bad company 2 without problems, maybe you have to update punkbuster.

• I play with punkbuster to battefiled bad company 2 without problems, maybe you have to update punkbuster.

tried that with no avail :(

• Hello,

Have you uninstalled Norton before installing BitDefender? How?

Please post a screenshot of the error you receive while playing.

• Yes I univstalled Nortan Antivirus. I actually temporarily installed an antivirus after norton called Bullguard, but it was crap so i replaced it with BitDefender. In the process of installing bitdefender the wizard invited me to uninstall bullguard, which I agreed to. The game worked fine with bullguard as well as Norton. The image attach is the message I see before the kick. You can see it near the bottom of the screen. It says:

PB IMPORTANT: RESTRICTION: UNKNOWN WINDOWS API FUNCTION [131133]

Hello,

Have you uninstalled Norton before installing BitDefender? How?

Please post a screenshot of the error you receive while playing.

post-73294-1316095229_thumb.jpg

• Hello Kieran.Driver,

Please try to disable (just for testing purposes) the Active Virus Control and/or the Intrusion Detection System modules in BitDefender. Afterwards, test again and post the results. Make sure the game is not running while making these changes or, to make sure, try restarting you system after disabling those modules.

Cris.

• Kieran.Driver
    edited September 2011

I can confirm that disabling Active Virus Control enabled me to play on a server without being kicked.

• OK, then try adding the main game executable on the process exclusion list:

1. Re-enable AVC
    2. Make sure the game is not running
    3. open BitDefender and go to Settings -> Antivirus -> Exclusions -> Excluded processes
    4. Click on Add, then Browse for the game executable file (.exe), make sure that Allow is checked and click Add
    5. Try testing the game to see if it works
    Please post here the result.

Cris.

• Kieran.Driver
    edited September 2011

Cheers bud i think that fixed it. However, when i first turned off active virus control it reset all my settings (graphics etc.) it was like it was the first time I played the game - it gave me all the ingame tips. Also, when signing into my EA account, i had to enter the username and password, rather than it already being there form me. Did turning of the AVC cause this? Its annoying cause when i play online it seems more laggy now...

• I kinda doubt that AVC caused the problems with the game settings. More likely, some file corruption occurred (for whatever reason) which made the game reset itself. Of course, I could be wrong. I'm not playing that game, so I can' test. If you are able to reproduce it, please let us know. Otherwise, you can just consider it a one time glitch and forget about it. :)

As far as the lagging goes, what do you mean it's more laggy ”now”? It's more laggy than before installing BD2012, more laggy than after installing BD (but before today) or more laggy than when AVC was completely turned off? Please be a little more specific.

If it's more laggy than it was with AVC completely disabled, try disabling AVC again and see if the lag goes away. Or maybe the lag comes from a slightly different game settings now than you had before?

Cris.

• Kieran.Driver
    edited September 2011

Thanks fo your help

Its been laggy since AVC was disabled. I can't tell if its due to internet connection or graphics. It may be due to a slight change in the graphics after everything going back to default and me turning it up, as you say. I'll see if it persists.

• You're welcome, Kieran.Driver. :)

If you need further assistance on this matter, please let us know. If the issue is resolved and does not re-appear in the following days, also let us know so we can close this topic.

Cris.

• Hello

Sorry for the delayed reply.

A topic about Exclusion has been created here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

Thank you.