Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]after Installing Vt Is Not Working

Options

I installed internet security 2012 and after this I tried to run my Vmware x64 OS and I get message that VT is disabled. Went to BIOS, it was enabled so I restarted, shut down and nothing didnt help. Does anyone have same problem? This happend on my HP laptop. Any idea what to do?

Comments

• Hello,

What version of VMware are you using ? What OS are you using on your Virtual Machine ? Please define VT.

• wboy
    Options
    Hello,

What version of VMware are you using ? What OS are you using on your Virtual Machine ? Please define VT.

Vmware 7, windows 7x64. VT is Virtualization Technology that enables you to run x64 OS in Vmware (if is disabled you can only run 32 bit OS) and this setting in bios is ON. Where in Bitdefender 2012 I can give Vmware all rights? I notice that even bridged connection is not working.

• Hello,

Please try to disable each module at a time to see which one is causing the issue. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the notification saying that VT is disabled ?

Disable the following options follow by a test to see which one is resolving the issue:

- Auto Scan;

- AVC under: Settings -> Antivirus -> Shield

- IDS under: Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced (if enabled)

Do you have Firewall Paranoid mode ON ? I have created a ticket on your behalf (ID: 201108101002532) however I will escalate it to the Dev. Team when I will have your answer as the info I currently have are incomplete.

Best regards,

• wboy
    Options
    Hello,

Please try to disable each module at a time to see which one is causing the issue. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the notification saying that VT is disabled ?

Disable the following options follow by a test to see which one is resolving the issue:

- Auto Scan;

- AVC under: Settings -> Antivirus -> Shield

- IDS under: Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced (if enabled)

Do you have Firewall Paranoid mode ON ? I have created a ticket on your behalf (ID: 201108101002532) however I will escalate it to the Dev. Team when I will have your answer as the info I currently have are incomplete.

Best regards,

If I disable all of the above, connection is not working. If I disable firewall I have no problem with connection, but VT problem remains. Now I need to anwser the ticket.

• Hi,

Replied to your ticket 201108101002532. Please send me the requested log file. If you can't attach it to the email, upload it to an online file sharing server such as MediaFire, Rapidshare, Sendspace etc and send me the download link via email.

Regards,

• I experience the same problem.

Had a VM with a Debian Server 64 bit installed. I updated from Bitdefender 2011 to Bitdefender 2012 and suddenly, VMware Workstation says it can't run 64bit VM's anymore.

Haven't changed anything in the Bios. Installed Bitdefender 2012 and restarted.

Also, I was hoping changing from 2011 to 2012 would solve the problem I have with networking inside my VM (bridged mode) but I'm unhappy to see the issue was not resolved in the new version.

I have to shutdown the Bitdefender Firewall to enable connection to my VM's.

• I also found the same problem with BT 2012 and VMWare Workstation 7.1.4 that is running a 64bit os (Win2008 R2).

Was there a solution to this problem ?

• I also have the issue with VT 64bit support being disabled after installing Bit Defender 2012 . Everything worked fine with 2011. I am using Vmware Workstation 7 7.1.3 build-324285

I have tried disabling various components without any success. Is there a fix or work around please, appart from putting 2011 back on.

I have enclosed the Vmware workstation error. Let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks

Nick

post-71698-1314134830_thumb.jpg

• atunguyd
    edited August 2011
    Options

I have the same problem but I have found a workaround as well.

In the antivirus settings if you disable the option "Active Virus Control" and then restart your PC, then vmware will work with VT enabled.

Restarting is the key here, you cant simple disbale Active Virus Control, it also works the other way around. If you re enable active virus control and then run vmware without restarting the PC then vmware runs just fine, but as soon as you restart the PC vmware refuses to see that VT is enabled again

wboy, when you disbaled anti virus did you do a reboto ir jut try disabling it?

Hopefully this should give the bitdefener dev's a good place to start to look for the problem.

• Unknown
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello,

Wboy: if you refuse providing logs I'm afraid I can't assist you. You will have to wait for the fix to be release with the help of others more willing to provide a list of installed software and drivers. I would strongly recommend you to read the End User License Agreement found at the link below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20509

Allow me to quote the part involving the requested log file:

DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY- BitDefender informs you that in certain programs or products it may use data collection technology to collect technical information (including suspect files), to improve the products, to provide related services, to adapt them and to prevent the unlicensed or illegal use of the product or the damages resulting from the malware products. You accept that BitDefender may use such information as part of the services provided in relation to the product and to prevent and stop the malware programs running on your computer.

Last but not least, considering the fact that I can't locate any tickets nor any account created with your email address, please provide me with the email you used when purchasing BitDefender.

Guntervd: your ticket ID is: 201108311006853;

Christr: your ticket ID is: 201108311007439;

Nickt2: your ticket ID is: 201108241000553;

AnthonyD: your ticket ID is: 201108271002644;

I have escalated the issue for resolution to the Dev. Team. As soon as the fix will be release I will post here and send to all of you notifications via email.

Best regards,

• AnthonyD: your ticket ID is: 201108271002644;

Thanks Danny, hope they can sort it out soon, bit of a pain having to disable the AVC portion of the antivirus just to get my VM working correctly.

It would be ok if I could just diable AVC and run the VM but having to reboot every time is just too much of a pain so I have left the AVC permanently disabled.

WOuld be great if you can let us know via this forum when it is resolved.

Anthony

• Thanks Danny, hope they can sort it out soon, bit of a pain having to disable the AVC portion of the antivirus just to get my VM working correctly.

It would be ok if I could just diable AVC and run the VM but having to reboot every time is just too much of a pain so I have left the AVC permanently disabled.

WOuld be great if you can let us know via this forum when it is resolved.

Anthony

I have the same problem. I'll try the workaround and send you the logs once I get a ticket #.

• Unknown
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hello everyone,

I do have a workaround for the issue you encounter and I need your feedback on it. Please follow the steps below, rename the file and let me know if the issue persist:

- open BitDefender and put the Updates on Prompt as explained below;

- restart the PC in Safe Mode as explained below;

- go to: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers;

- locate the file avchv.sys;

- rename it to avchv.old;

- restart the PC in normal mode;

- check to see if the issue persist;

[how to set BitDefender updates on prompt]

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- select 'Prompt before downloading';

- click on 'Home';

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi Daniel,

I followed the steps you have outlined below and I can now start a 64bit guest OS within VMWare with Bitdefender2012 services running. By renaming the avchv.sys file, does this disable any functionality within Bitdefender ? (eg Active Virus Control.. I am assuming that avchv.sys is related to the active virus control???)

thanks for providing the workaround.

Hello everyone,

I do have a workaround for the issue you encounter and I need your feedback on it. Please follow the steps below, rename the file and let me know if the issue persist:

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- click on 'Home';

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

• Hello,

As I reported back to support, the workaround worked for me too.

Also curious to know if any functionality is disabled by applying the fix.

• *Sigh* I happened to reformat my computer and had trouble sourcing out exactly what application was causing this nightmare. Thanks to above posters for troubleshooting this.

I can confirm I'm having the exactly same issue. I went as far as flashing the bios multiple times trying to figure out what on earth was going on.

Took me forever to get a search hit for this, making it a bit easier for others:

Windows 7 x64 SP1 with VMWare 7.1.4 build-385536 won't boot 64-bit virtual machines.

You will receive the prompt:

You have configured this virtual machine to use a 64-bit guest operating system. However, 64-bit operation is not possible. This host is VT-capable, but VT is disabled.

Any chance on an official fix? Can I get one of those tickets?

Going to remove product until an official fix is posted; shouldn't have to use a workaround.

Anyway I can provide more information to expedite this issue? My workaround leaves me vulnerable :)

• does this disable any functionality within Bitdefender ? (eg Active Virus Control.. I am assuming that avchv.sys is related to the active virus control???)

I would also like to know the answer to this question? I really dont want to do somethign like this as a workaround onyl to find that when this is fixed properly I never get the fix because I disabled Active Virus Control premanently when I renamed the file.

• Hello everyone,

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- click on 'Home';

I am having the same issue and this workaround works.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 Runing VMWare Workstaion 8 build 471780 Bitdefender Total Security 2012.

Also, if I run the Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization detection tool before the fix it indicates hardware assisted virtualization is not availible. After I use the above workaround the tool indicates hardware virtualization IS availible and I can open 64 bit guests in VMWare (Server 2008R2 and Windows 8 x64 Dev preview).

If I can send you anything to help develop a fix let me know.

• Same issue and "workaround" here too. Virtualized VT-x/EPT is disabled in VMware Workstation 8.0.0 build-471780 and VMware Player 4.0.0 build-471780. Host system is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.

• Freeboy1789
    Options

I have the same problem with WMware workstation 8 on Windows Vista business x64 SP2 and Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 but i don't want to disable Active Virus Control premanently. So i've prefered to reinstall the older version of Bitdefender Internet Security unless a better solution will be found.

• It has been over a month now with no feedback from bitdefneder support despite the [escalated] natore of this post. Can we get an update as to when this will be fixed properly without needing workarounds to disable functioanlity of the antivirus that we have paid for.

Personally I think it would be prudent of bitdefneder to refund a few months of our subscription or extend our subscription as we are not getting the benifit of the sofware we have paid for.

• It has been over a month now with no feedback from bitdefneder support despite the [escalated] natore of this post. Can we get an update as to when this will be fixed properly without needing workarounds to disable functioanlity of the antivirus that we have paid for.

Personally I think it would be prudent of bitdefneder to refund a few months of our subscription or extend our subscription as we are not getting the benifit of the sofware we have paid for.

i encounter the same problem. Totally agree with you, Anthony

• Update,

The same time I posted my last reply above I also contacted bitdefender's live support to get a status update. The person I spoke to said that they would another member to respond to me with details on if a real fix has been provided. I was also informed they would look into th epossibility fo extending my subscription by the delay I have been waiting.

That was nearly two weeks ago and I have still had to contact from them. I have all but given up hope. It would appear that while bitdefender may get rave reviews on their procuct their support is very muck lacking.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end. Please rest assure that we will let you know about the fix as soon as we will launch it.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

• Hi

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end. Please rest assure that we will let you know about the fix as soon as we will launch it.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

do you know when the update with the fix will be available?

• do you know when the update with the fix will be available?

I have exact the same problem. When will there be a fix?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

The update should be launched soon.

It will be announced here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Thank you for your understanding.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Please update and reboot your machine.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=129071

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Thank you.

• Hi :)

Please update and reboot your machine.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=129071

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Thank you.

it works for me, thanks.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back Adrian

Thank you for your feedback. :)

• Welcome back Adrian

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Thanks. This update works for me too. I have not been able to launch my virtual machine in vmware for more than 2 months. However, I never notice that it is because of BitDefender since a couple of weeks ago. I found this website and waited for the solution then.

Appreciated BitDefender's support.

• omg i dont know if this is the same Vmware, but im trying to run mac osx on it and it says i need hardware virtulization patch. and i've tried some, but none of them are working, any ideas?

:wub:

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

In order to run Mac OS X Lion in a virtual machine, you need to have VMWare Workstation 8 installed.

Please contact VMware support for further information.

http://www.vmware.com/support/contacts/

Thank you.

• Hello,

I alway have the issue with VMPLAYER 4.0.1 (on 2 different computers) and last BitDefender update

The workaround work find but is not a solution

Thank you

• Freeboy1789
    Options

Hello,

I also always have the issue with VMWare Workstation 8 including VMplayer 4.0.0 and last BitDefender update. I am under Windows Vista Professional (64 bits) with SP2.

Thank you

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Please update those programs to the latest version available here:

http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/index.html

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

Thank you.

• Hello,

I already have the last version : VMware® Player 4.0.1 build-528992

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit 6.1.7601, Service Pack 1

Bitdefender Total Security 2012 with last update

And I can not run 64bits Virtual machines

Thank you

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Do you have the latest version of Bitdefender on your machine?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28647

Thank you.

• Yes, I've also got last BitDefender version :

VMware® Player 4.0.1 build-528992

Bitdefender Total Security 2012 - Build 15.0.34.1437

Thank you

• Hi,

The last update of this morning (15.0.35.1489) seems to be OK with VMPlayer 4.0.1 :)

I can now run 64bits VM with no workaround.

Working configuration :

VMware® Player 4.0.1 build-528992

Bitdefender Total Security 2012 - Build 15.0.35.1489

Thank you

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Since the initial case was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.