License Questions

Hello,

My license for BitDefender AntiVirus 2010 is about to expire. However a few weeks ago I

bought 1 x BitDefender Total Security 2011 (3 PCs, 1 year). Now my first question is:

* Am I allowed to use my new license for BitDefender Total Security 2011 on the computer, where

my other license (for BitDefender AntiVirus 2010) is about to expire? I have only installed the 2011

version on one computer at the moment.

My second question is:

* Can I simply uninstall BitDefender AntiVirus 2010 using the control panel, and then install BitDefender

Total Security 2011 afterwards, or is there another procedure to achieve the installation of the 2011 version?

Best regards,

Jakob Bjerre Jensen

Denmark

Comments

• George R.
    edited August 2011

Hello Jacob,

Yes, when your Antivirus 2010 subscription expires, you can install BitDefender Total Security 2011.

The uninstall tool can be found here

The install kit for the Total Security 2011 software can be found here

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

• o_sala
    edited September 2011

Hi Jakob. Rule of thumb is one license key per one product. Hope that helps.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi

Should you require any assistance, please post your questions here.

Thank you.

• Hello,

My license for BitDefender AntiVirus 2010 is about to expire. However a few weeks ago I

bought 1 x BitDefender Total Security 2011 (3 PCs, 1 year). Now my first question is:

* Am I allowed to use my new license for BitDefender Total Security 2011 on the computer, where

my other license (for BitDefender AntiVirus 2010) is about to expire? I have only installed the 2011

version on one computer at the moment.

My second question is:

* Can I simply uninstall BitDefender AntiVirus 2010 using the control panel, and then install BitDefender

Total Security 2011 afterwards, or is there another procedure to achieve the installation of the 2011 version?

Best regards,

Jakob Bjerre Jensen

Denmark

Hi,

* You need to buy a new license key to install Total Security 2010.

* Yes you can simply uninstall Bit Defender 2010 using control panel,but still there many files will stay in the registry,to remove those you use a tool from bit defender,and after uninstalling reboot your computer and install the new bit defender .

• abbie
    edited November 2011

HI still having problem or its rectified ?