Why Does Everything Shut Down?

It seems that something is turning off everything on Bitdefender. One day all is good, all the protection is on. But when I get into my mail, and I see the Bitdefender tool bar with the icons faded [meaning turned off] I go to the Bitfender program and everything is off! The virus protection, firewall, anti-spam....everything. Inever touched it!

Why does this happen? And if there is a way to reset all the settings, I'd like to know.

The only thing that I believe may be effecting the program is when I'm playing the BF3 game which involves logging into Origin. It seems this whole thing started after I got Origin. But I can't understand how this would even effect Bitdefender in any way. I wonder if it has to do with the game mode and what should I look for?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• crossworks
    edited December 2011
    Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

Since your reply, I have opened the Bidefender program and actually saw the the anit-spam turn off by itself. I did not do anything. Something has corrupted your program, because it also runs verrrry slow. But I can not keep things on. they shut off by themselves.

Also, could you please provide the proper email for me to send the file that will uploaded to "Sendspace".

Thanks

• Also, could you please provide the proper email for me to send the file that will uploaded to "Sendspace".

You have to send Cristi the information via PM (Personal Message) not an email. By clicking on the PM (linked) in Cristi's post, you will be taken to his Personal Message page. Send him a PM with the SendSpace download link to the file you uploaded.

Regards,

• Hi crossworks,

Please first check all the services are running and the running mode should automatically ,if its windows 7 please check status mode not in delay start .

second thing you may have logged in some guest user id,

third possibilities yours database not upto dated or corrupted.

• A file and 2 photo's sent in PM to Christi

• Hi crossworks,

can you please update the os hotfix along with mail client . his type of problem comes due to lack of update .

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Hi crossworks :)

I have found some corrupt settings in the product.

Please repair the product and it should be just fine after the restart.

[How to repair Bitdefender 2011]

- Click on the START menu button;

- Go to (All) Programs -> Bitdefender 2011 -> choose "Repair or Remove";

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to;

- Register and activate the product, then open Bitdefender and run a new update; reboot again if requested;

- please test to see if the issue still replicates.

Should you require further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

• crossworks
    edited December 2011

My OS is Windows 7 and the only option I have is "Uninstall" and not "Repair or Remove". Shall I click uninstall? :unsure:

Thanks

• Never mind. I went ahead and pressed "uninstall" anyway and sure enough I proceeded with the repair. It's now been updated as well. So it appears all is good.

I do have a question regarding gaming. If I am going to be playing a multi-player game online daily, should I turn on "automatic game mode" ?

Thanks

• Welcome back

It recommended to turn on that setting because Bitdefender will be lighter with system resources.

If you have other questions, I am here for you.

Take care :)