Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Task Finished Successfully

I noticed this "Scan task finished successfully" antivirus event for the second time recently.

I don't know if this Autoscan ("Continuous Scan") event is logged since a recent Bitdefender update or if I didn't notice it earlier because it was drowned in the hundreds of other Game Mode/Autoscan events, but I want to thank Bitdefender for logging that event. It gives the user visual confirmation that Autoscan is really running.

There is just one little thing: Both times I saw the event, I noticed it was logged at the exact time the computer shut down. It looks like the event is logged just before the Bitdefender service shuts down or something, not at the time the scan actually completed. So I fear that if the computer were to shut down unexpectedly, the event may not be logged at all. In any case, it would not be logged at the time of completion, or it may even never be logged if the computer is running 24/7 and never or rarely shuts down, which may be why I didn't notice the event before.

The odds that the scan always completes at precisely the time of the computer shut down are of course nil.

- Bitdefender "Scan task finished successfully" event date: Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:51:19 AM

- Kernel system event: "The operating system is shutting down at system time ‎2011‎-‎11‎-‎24T15:51:57.103311100Z." (7:51AM locally)

Can you check that the event is logged at the time the scan completes, not added to a logging queue for later processing?

In my home, I am the only one allowed to procrastinate, not the computer! ^-^

Thanks.

Comments

• Chimel
    edited December 2011

I was even starting to wonder if these events were even legit, but it seems they are, only the time stamp is wrong:

I got this event when I rebooted at 8:30AM, after leaving the computer on for a day or two, so I guess Autoscan had time to scan the whole system at least once. But there was no such event when I rebooted 20 minutes later, or again 5 minutes later, which is as expected, as no whole system scan could have completed in that time.

Bitdefender already logs the updates several times a day, so it would be great to log the scan cycles too, with the real completion date and time. At least as an option for users who want to know that Autoscan is indeed working. Running "silently" does not mean the events should not be logged, only that the user does not have to configure the thing or be pestered by pop-ups and the like.

• Hi Chimel

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please send me a support tool via PM and a/some screenshot(s).

Thank you.

• Sent by PM. Do you mean you can't repro this on your side???

Note that Bitdefender services stopped working twice this week, and there was no such Autoscan completed event at least in the last one, I didn't check the first one.

• Welcome back

I will try to reproduce the current situation, but in order to report it I need some logs, screenshots, etc from the customer.

I will get back to you later.

Thank you.

• Just had a look at the calendar, and guess what, today is later! ^-^

I rebooted the computer twice this week, and didn't notice the event anymore, with the wrong or right time tag.

Not sure if it's fixed or what.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello

Thank you for your feedback. We will discuss here after you make the product update that is scheduled for tomorrow in the evening(this is an ETA date).

Take care.