Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uhm...malware Threat Found In Bitdefender Files

Options

OK...first of all I'm willing to admit that there are false positives out there...but here's the issue. I had numerous Z.ZZ.ZZZetc files in my C: directory...posted on SevenForums and was told it's a Malware infection. Ran Bitdefender complete scan...and also contextual scan just on C: drive...completely clean results.

post-31073-1336407316_thumb.jpg

Followed a suggestion to "Run Windows Defender Offline now. You have malware."...download and ran with no negative results...then downloaded and ran suggested SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition...and presto...3 Malware threats were found...in my BITDEFENDER folders ?

On my system I have 3 folders with Bitdefender programs/tools...all including the Bitdefender "Bitdefender SaveSetting_Tool.exe" per the attached Malware jpgs ?

As the following jpgs show...supposedly Trojan.Agent/Gen-Bifrose was contained in all three Bitdefender SaveSetting_Tool.exe files

post-31073-1336407950_thumb.jpg post-31073-1336407977_thumb.jpg post-31073-1336408011_thumb.jpg

Cleaned the files with SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and now all scans show no Malware ?

What's up ?????

TiminAz

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back!

Those files are probably signed with our old digital signature that I think now is invalid.

We have a new one that was implemented last month and all Bitdefender files were signed with it.

Do you still have the files in an archive?

Could you please send them via PM so I can report the false alarm to that publisher?

Take care.

• trinaz
    Options
    Hello :)

Welcome back!

Those files are probably signed with our old digital signature that I think now is invalid.

We have a new one that was implemented last month and all Bitdefender files were signed with it.

Do you still have the files in an archive?

Could you please send them via PM so I can report the false alarm to that publisher?

Take care.

Thanks for the quick reply Christain...those files were removed/deleted by SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition...1st time I ran it so I didn't notice the option to clean/quarantine was separate from the delete.

I have three other PC's that I will check this week...and they also may be in a backup Windows Image file and/or separate Acronis tib file...will check this week and send them on if I find one ?

Thanks...TiminAz

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome back!

Yes, please do that, we will check them to see if they are intact and report the False Positive to that company.

Thank you.