Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can You "include" And Entire Drive From Scanning

Options

Have read the pinned article on exclusions but I'm not clear on how this works.

Can I select an entire secondary drive to be "excluded" from scans ? If so do I also add a firewall rule(s) as in the pinned article suggested ?

Will this then prevent say drive "I" from any scanning...custome...full system...etc ?

If so...will I be able to run a contextual scan just on drive "I" occasionally....or will I have to delete the "exclusion" to scan drive "I" occasionally ?

Is there a way then to skip drive "I" in the default "Full System Scan" option under the "Scan now" choice in the AV module ?

Thanks....TiminAz

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi TiminAz,

Have you tried setting up a Custom Scan for just the one drive, or the other?

• trinaz
    Options
    Hi TiminAz,

Have you tried setting up a Custom Scan for just the one drive, or the other?

Thanks...goof-up on the topic title...actually I want to "exclude" certain drives from the "Full System Scan" option...if I place drive "I", etc in the Exclusion lists...can I still set up a custom scan to periodically scan "I"...or will the exclusion list over-ride any custom or contextual scans ?

• columbo
    Options

:) I had to do a double take your thread title twice, but I knew what you meant ;)

Good questions, will one override, or cancel the other one out, or do they remain independent from each other, as the exclusions in the AV Exclusion Settings seems to only imply Files and Folders and not complete drives, where the Custom scan can include (exclude) a whole drive, making them independent from each other?

This may help as far as Contextual Scan:

bdcontexscan.jpg

• coolcool1227
    Options

Just for Info, read this post

• columbo
    Options

Nice thread ONT, some good questions asked, and answered. Thanks for the link. :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Yes, some changes were made in Bitdefender 2013 and the user can receive prompts for the external media.

TiminAz, the firewall rules can only be created for software, more exactly .exe files.

You can exclude that drive from On Access and AVC/IDS by following those instructions.

Take care.