Vsserv.exe Waking My Computer When Sleeping

The above file keeps waking up my computer when i put it to sleep. after checking through some potential issues i discovered an issues which can be seen in the attached image,post-103897-1335215505_thumb.jpg is there any way to prevent this service form waking the computer its really anoying. Thanks in advance

Comments

• The same here !

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello everyone :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• same here. I have contacted the bitdefender support. they told me to turn off autoscan and autopilot. but it did not help. my computer still wakes up from sleep automatically.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

With hibernation is everything OK?

We are currently investigating the situation.

Thank you!

• Same here. Computer wakes up after I have sent it into hibernation or sleep. Takes about a minute and my machine re-activates. I checked with the command "powercfg -lastwake" in CMD, and vsserv.exe is definitely responsible for waking up my machine. Very annoying, pls mend.

I've sent a PM.

Cheers.

• BTW, if you go into the BD home window and deactivate everything (ie, switch AV, FW, AS, Auto Update, and Antiphishing to OFF), the computer does not wake up. Well, at least it did not when I tried that last night. Kinda annoying to have to do that every night, but less annoying than having the machine wake up over and over again.

Don't forget to switch it all back on the next morning.

Cheers.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

We are working to solve this issue ASAP!

Our developers should solve this until the next product update.

Thank you for your patience!

• grima
    edited June 2012

Well, turns out that deactivating everything does not fix the problem after all.

Thanks for the reply, Christian. Hope this problem will go away soon.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

It should be fixed soon.

As a workaround, we recommend you to use Hibernate instead of the Sleep function.

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

It should be fixed soon.

As a workaround, we recommend you to use Hibernate instead of the Sleep function.

Have a great weekend!

I've had this problem as well and I think I've found a workaround as well. For windows 7, in "Power Options", under advanced settings -> Sleep -> Allow wake timers -> "Disable" works for me. At least my computer slept for an hour before I manually woke it up. That's a new record, so it seems like it works.

• empezza
    empezza ✭✭✭

It should be fixed soon.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Christian,

Can you please give us an idea of when this will be fixed? I am currently trialing BD, with 18 days left.

The wake from sleep issue is a deciding factor for me on whether to purchase BD or not. I frequently sleep my PC when not actually being used to save electricity, so BD is costing me money to use.

Thank you.

• empezza
    empezza ✭✭✭
    I've had this problem as well and I think I've found a workaround as well. For windows 7, in "Power Options", under advanced settings -> Sleep -> Allow wake timers -> "Disable" works for me. At least my computer slept for an hour before I manually woke it up. That's a new record, so it seems like it works.

Whilst the above workaround does work, it is not a viable solution fro me, as I need "Allow wake timers" to be enabled for another program that I use.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Hi Christian,

Can you please give us an idea of when this will be fixed? I am currently trialing BD, with 18 days left.

The wake from sleep issue is a deciding factor for me on whether to purchase BD or not. I frequently sleep my PC when not actually being used to save electricity, so BD is costing me money to use.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums!

It will be fixed soon and have no worries about the license key, I can give you an extra period of trial.

If you want to save electricity, why don't you use hibernate?

Take care.

• empezza
    empezza ✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums!

It will be fixed soon and have no worries about the license key, I can give you an extra period of trial.

If you want to save electricity, why don't you use hibernate?

Take care.

Hi Christian,

Has this problem been fixed in the soon to be released BD 2013?

Cheers,

Max

• I have the same problem for the last 2-3 months and it's the first time I see others having the issue.

I also have it in Hibernation mode. I hope it will be fix soon, it's very annoying, boot time is so long from power off.

• empezza
    empezza ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem for the last 2-3 months and it's the first time I see others having the issue.

I also have it in Hibernation mode. I hope it will be fix soon, it's very annoying, boot time is so long from power off.

Just confirming that under Windows 7 64-bit I have this problem when using either SLEEP or HIBERNATE.

It is two months since this was first reported. About time it was fixed!

• Just to add, I'm on Win 7 (32), and I also have the issue on BOTH sleep and hibernation. My SSD makes a daily restart from scratch less sucky, but it's still a PITA.

• After examining the event logs it looks like the process vsserv.exe has been bringing my computer out of sleep since 5/4/2012. Quite annoying to wake up in the morning to my computer having almost no charge left.

Is there a fix in the works? When can we expect this fix to be pushed out?

• empezza
    empezza ✭✭✭
    After examining the event logs it looks like the process vsserv.exe has been bringing my computer out of sleep since 5/4/2012. Quite annoying to wake up in the morning to my computer having almost no charge left.

Is there a fix in the works? When can we expect this fix to be pushed out?

After using BDTS 2013 since its release my experience is that this problem HAS been fixed in the 2013 version.

My computer remains in SLEEP mode until I wake it. Haven't tried hibernate though.

I'm running windows 7 64-bit.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Have a great weekend!