Safepay

brihy1
edited June 2012 in Safepay

i set my bank to auto open in safepay,so when i go to the bank site in ie,ff,chrome should safepay automatically open?is this how its supposed to work?if so its not opening?paypal also cant be set to open in safepay?

Comments

• have several credit card sites,paypal,and banking sites set to automatically open and they dont,safepay doesnt work.thats why i installed bd is 2013.i will go back to 2012 or something else until this gets fixed.im not a beta tester and 2013 seems like beta.several problems(ff crashing,not remembering settings and this one)not gonna open a bunch of threads shouldnt have to.

• (no edit post option)after messing around with with bd is 2013 i found for safepay to auto open the sites i have set to auto open i have to have the scan ssl in privacy section on but when i do that i cant connect with logmein(i use for several computers)?any fix for this?

have several credit card sites,paypal,and banking sites set to automatically open and they dont,safepay doesnt work.thats why i installed bd is 2013.i will go back to 2012 or something else until this gets fixed.im not a beta tester and 2013 seems like beta.several problems(ff crashing,not remembering settings and this one)not gonna open a bunch of threads shouldnt have to.
  • empezza
    empezza ✭✭✭

Using BD TS 2013.

I have set up 4 sites in SAFEPAY. When i selected any of these sites from Firefox (version 13.0.1) bookmarks, Safepay automatically opens. So far so good.

But I have 2 problems.

1. Safepay takes over the entire screen. The task bar is not visible, nor any other programs that may be open. So I cannot access or see my Passwords Manager program to get the password to login to the site in Safepay. Like most internet users I have accumulated hundreds of logins, so I use a secure password manager to store them.

2. Some of my "money" account sites produce monthly statements as PDF files, which are opened on the site. When I select the option to view a PDF statement, Safepay opens another tab, and then a message box from Adobe PDF Document pops up:

"There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again (523:523)"

Until these issues are fixed I won't be using Safepay.

• empezza
    empezza ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    (no edit post option)

I just made a post and there is an EDIT button next to the QUOTE and REPLY buttons.

Maybe it doesn't stay there for long :unsure:

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭

I was thinking you could edit around 5-7 minutes after posting.

@Bri

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up adding LastPass or some other password manager and a calculator to SafePay. It's supposed to be an isolated desktop so I don't know what can be added without sacrificing security.

• Like you Charyb, I'm not sure what they may be allowing in the future if anything. If their intent is to keep Safepay isolated, then to start allowing avenues for exploits would defeat it's purpose.

• i never mentioned anything about a password manager or nothing of the sort,i want my bank sites to automatcally open.i know safepay is isolated and thats fine and the point but do i have to have the scan ssl on for that to happen?shouldnt have to.like i said for me to use safepay the way its supposed to function i must have scan ssl option on(privacy section) or it doesnt work,but when i have scan ssl on i cant connect using logmein which has nothing to do with safepay because im not using logmein through safepay.

I was thinking you could edit around 5-7 minutes after posting.

@Bri

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up adding LastPass or some other password manager and a calculator to SafePay. It's supposed to be an isolated desktop so I don't know what can be added without sacrificing security.

• christian,can you please tell me how and if i can use logmein through a browser while i have ssl on in privacy control?as of now each time i want to conect with logmein i must turn off ssl?

• I have to say that I share empezza's frustration that Safepay takes over the entire screen and doesn't allow acces to other programmes such as Passwords Manager. I too normally have to refer to a similar programme to log into my internet bank sites, whereas now I'm having to go to this programme first to get the required info, write it down, then enter the bank site through Safepay and then, after leaving the bank site, shred the paper on which I wrote the entry details!

However, I do understand others' comments that presumably if Safepay permitted acces to other programmes, security may well be compromised. Will be interesting to see if Safepay develops further to accommodate safely such 'improvements'.