Bd 2013 Ts Parental Controls Working?

I like the cloud based approach to the new BD 2013 for Parental Controls but there's one thing I think is missing. How do I verify that the parental controls are on or that the settings that I do from the portal actually get set on the PC or Android device?

I can't see any options for this verification or am I missing something?

Comments

• I like the cloud based approach to the new BD 2013 for Parental Controls but there's one thing I think is missing. How do I verify that the parental controls are on or that the settings that I do from the portal actually get set on the PC or Android device?

I can't see any options for this verification or am I missing something?

Doesn't seem o work for me too. I manage very easily to get into MyBitdefender and set the rules for internet but... it doesn't work further. I am using an user with admin rights and I cannot enable Win7 Parental Control because it demands non-admin user... Now I'm a bit confused. Is there a workaround or something to download and install?

• Doesn't seem o work for me too. I manage very easily to get into MyBitdefender and set the rules for internet but... it doesn't work further. I am using an user with admin rights and I cannot enable Win7 Parental Control because it demands non-admin user... Now I'm a bit confused. Is there a workaround or something to download and install?

I followed the steps mentioned in user settings where it asks me to download a filepost-26403-1345291840_thumb.png (Total Security 2013) and install it. I downloaded it, uninstalled my BD TS 2013 installation automatically and on reboot, it installed TS 2013. Nothing happened. No parental control...

post-26403-1345291803_thumb.png

I found the Beta of a Parental Control Module 2013 but it does not seem to work either... on Mybitdefender shows now a blank dashboard and... this is it. Is there anybody who can enlighten me on this topic? PLEASE! :blink:

post-26403-1345291587_thumb.png

Otherwise I'll be forced to return to TS 2012.

• I followed the steps mentioned in user settings where it asks me to download a filepost-26403-1345291840_thumb.png (Total Security 2013) and install it. I downloaded it, uninstalled my BD TS 2013 installation automatically and on reboot, it installed TS 2013. Nothing happened. No parental control...

post-26403-1345291803_thumb.png

I found the Beta of a Parental Control Module 2013 but it does not seem to work either... on Mybitdefender shows now a blank dashboard and... this is it. Is there anybody who can enlighten me on this topic? PLEASE! :blink:

post-26403-1345291587_thumb.png

Otherwise I'll be forced to return to TS 2012.

Parental Control is still broken, only thing that works for me is Antitheft location services. I haven't tried a device wipe or lock yet but IMO until I see the rest of this working I won't try that.

• Parental Control is still broken, only thing that works for me is Antitheft location services. I haven't tried a device wipe or lock yet but IMO until I see the rest of this working I won't try that.

Thanks... Today it started to log all applications used on the computer but still no control on websites and IMs.

Any delays for Parental Control? Any admin can or may repond?

• Thanks... Today it started to log all applications used on the computer but still no control on websites and IMs.

Now it works! It started to block the blacklist... I'm waiting for webreports in MyBitdefender.

• Thanks... Today it started to log all applications used on the computer but still no control on websites and IMs.

Same thing here, works in Chrome but not in Firefox..

:blink:

Now I can at least test this out but if I make changes on the web portal my.bitdefender.com to allow blocked sites it seems to take awhile, likewise if I add blocked sites. I am seeing reporting data, I do wish it had the date/time rather than just the date of the URL visited though.

Still no reply from anyone at BitDefender on this thread, curious.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

A major update for the parental control module was included in the last product update.

Please make sure you have the latest build installed.

After making the settings in My Bitdefender, there is a small delay between the servers and your client, but all the rules will be applied in the client in several seconds.

Take care.

• Hello :)

A major update for the parental control module was included in the last product update.

Please make sure you have the latest build installed.

After making the settings in My Bitdefender, there is a small delay between the servers and your client, but all the rules will be applied in the client in several seconds.

Take care.

Yes, I can now get blacklisting working again, I verified it with a couple of sites. It also looks like the licensing issue is resolved as well.

Thanks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

I am glad to hear this. Since the issue is resolved, I declare this topic closed.

If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

This discussion has been closed.